Tardies

I don’t think kids should get in trouble for tardiness. Its retarded. If you’re standing in the door way when the bell rings and count you tardy. Then that’s not even reasonable. You’re at the teachers classroom, and the last time I checked, the door was a part of the classroom that they want you to get to so badly..
What’s the big deal if your one minute late? The actual teaching doesn’t even begin until 2 or 3 minutes after the TARDY bell rings. Yet you do get in trouble because you’re not there for the useless waste of time that’s the first 2 or 3 minutes.
It’s not our fault that they only give us a couple of minutes to get from one side of the school to the other not to mention some of the kids have lockers that might be in the complete opposite direction
Just spitballin here, but maybe if they let us carry bags around the wouldn’t have to be wasting their time writing referrals or detentions or in school suspension papers. There just not thinking, I know that sounds stupid because I’m the kid and there the adults but it’s my opinion and I’m sure plenty of people would agree with me.

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i agree with you, and the whole idea of an unexcused tardy is also stupid.  ive gone to the school ofice with a note from my parents saying they were sick and had trouble getting me there.  unexcused.  I've come to school late when the roads are frozen solid.  unexcused.  Traffic was impossile, and even though a whole line of people come in saying the same thing its unexcused.  and now ive racked up enough tardys for a detention.  really?

rplove013 said...
I totally agree with you! I mean, we aren't allowed to have any type of bags, and my locker is not close to any of my classes. Also, we only get five minutes in between classes. That is not enough time. I agree with you completely. At my job, we get a grace period..you can get to work 10 minutes late and not be counted "tardy", because sometimes stuff just happens and you can't get there on time. So, I totally agree with you.

Osvaldo_C said...
If other kids can get to class in a certain time period, then you can to.

TwoFace17 replied...
Not every student does the same exact thing in between classes. What if you need to go to the bathroom, speak with a teacher, walk down or up a floor, people in front of you are going super slow, or go across an entire school to get from one class to the next? Or two or more of those things?