Physical Education

Physical Education, P.E. or what I call the WORST hour of my life since first grade. The 'games' are horrible and the coaches are even worse. I think physical education should be wiped out of the school system or at least be optional, not the option like if you wear sandals you don't play. That just had people having their toes freezing off during the winter. Also the option that once you get to seventh grade you can go into band, which had parents going off to buy thousand dollar instruments so you don't have to dodge volleyballs all year long. Then at some point even being band leads to what? Band camp. Trying your best to avoid any form of physical activity and you end up having to do it anyway. The government wants us to be healthy, but making some peoples lives horrible isn't the way to do it. It all just needs to disappear into a black abyss or what I said above, optional.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This seems reasonable, but I have not thought much on the topic. I hate PE not for the exercise, but for (get ready) its horrible metaphor for mankind. People are competitive, violent, unkind, and judgmental. I over think things, don't I?

thebushhippie replied...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 8:34 am
I agree with thesilentraven. I like to exercise, but the kids in my gym class are so competetive! Plus, the things we do in gym aren't even fun! I really think that PE should be optional. I'm in the orchestra and I still have to take gym class every other day. It makes no sense! Anyways, great job with this article!

ADancingShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I completely agree tabout PE. I absolutely hate it, and kids act like it's the Olympics. Not everyone has athletic abilities and it can be humilating and torture. My school used to have an option for health and wellness where you would do yoga instead. But they cut it, so I never got to take it due to budget cuts. I do think PE needs to change though,