What is Normal?

I’m not a normal teenager. You see I am different and proud to be. People have told me that it is wrong to be different well if being different is wrong then I don’t want to be right. Normal isn’t something that people are expected to be it is just the way they act. Normal to me means that you can never act weird or do things that scare you and not having fun but going out there and putting yourself out there makes you different right from the start. The thing about different is that you can be who you want to be without caring about what others think. Just be proud of whatever it is that you do whether you’re a theater geek, music nerd or just some kid trying to get through school. Everyone has been there and we just have to say I don’t care what you think. So I am not normal deal with it. I just have something that you don’t have. You can deal with it or not but I got it and you don’t.

theatercamper1212 said...
Thank you to everyone who wrote something on here about my article you can read my other stuff as well and some others in the near future. :)

K.T.S. said...
You expressed the beneficiaries of being different perfectly. Normal is nothing. It's a delusional word. Difference is uniqueness. This was a great passage.

dreamxentertain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't think anybody is truly normal. Hahah :). I liked it.

arharrison said...

everything you said was so true! why should anyone try to be "normal" If people where normal then all the fun little things in life would be dead and everyone would get sick of seeing hearing and deallign with the same things all the time. there is no such thing as a normal person..

Great article!

demonicprincess15 said...
Nicely put! :D I'm totally a music nerd and I'm proud to call myself that! I am very weird myself and most people don't know what to think of me, its actually quite hilarious!!!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well said! One of the best ways to contribute to the world is to be yourself, even if people think you're 'weird.' There's nothing wrong with being different from everybody else.

theatercamper1212 replied...
Thank you. Just thought i should write about something that not only I feel but others do to.