What is Normal? | Teen Ink

What is Normal?

August 4, 2010
By theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what you want to not what anyone else tells you to.


I’m not a normal teenager. You see I am different and proud to be. People have told me that it is wrong to be different well if being different is wrong then I don’t want to be right. Normal isn’t something that people are expected to be it is just the way they act. Normal to me means that you can never act weird or do things that scare you and not having fun but going out there and putting yourself out there makes you different right from the start. The thing about different is that you can be who you want to be without caring about what others think. Just be proud of whatever it is that you do whether you’re a theater geek, music nerd or just some kid trying to get through school. Everyone has been there and we just have to say I don’t care what you think. So I am not normal deal with it. I just have something that you don’t have. You can deal with it or not but I got it and you don’t.


The author's comments:
Everyone has these moments once in a while so don't think of yourself as an outsider. Just say that I have something that you don't!