What is Normal? | Teen Ink

What is Normal?

By theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
theatercamper112 SILVER, Lemont, Illinois

Do what you want to not what anyone else tells you to.

I’m not a normal teenager. You see I am different and proud to be. People have told me that it is wrong to be different well if being different is wrong then I don’t want to be right. Normal isn’t something that people are expected to be it is just the way they act. Normal to me means that you can never act weird or do things that scare you and not having fun but going out there and putting yourself out there makes you different right from the start. The thing about different is that you can be who you want to be without caring about what others think. Just be proud of whatever it is that you do whether you’re a theater geek, music nerd or just some kid trying to get through school. Everyone has been there and we just have to say I don’t care what you think. So I am not normal deal with it. I just have something that you don’t have. You can deal with it or not but I got it and you don’t.

Everyone has these moments once in a while so don't think of yourself as an outsider. Just say that I have something that you don't!

Thank you to everyone who wrote something on here about my article you can read my other stuff as well and some others in the near future. :)

Trio123 GOLD said...
Trio123 GOLD, Sunnyvale, California
I don't think anybody is truly normal. Hahah :). I liked it.

arharrison GOLD, Girardville, Pennsylvania

"Friendship is love with out his wings!" "never leave the one you love,for the one you like."

everything you said was so true! why should anyone try to be "normal" If people where normal then all the fun little things in life would be dead and everyone would get sick of seeing hearing and deallign with the same things all the time. there is no such thing as a normal person..

Great article!

BabyFace95 GOLD, Thunder Bay, Other
Nicely put! :D I'm totally a music nerd and I'm proud to call myself that! I am very weird myself and most people don't know what to think of me, its actually quite hilarious!!!

Thank you. Just thought i should write about something that not only I feel but others do to.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Well said! One of the best ways to contribute to the world is to be yourself, even if people think you're 'weird.' There's nothing wrong with being different from everybody else.