Foreign Language Requirements in the USA | Teen Ink

Foreign Language Requirements in the USA

July 28, 2010
By Rozaley-Johnson BRONZE, Bonners Ferry, Idaho
Rozaley-Johnson BRONZE, Bonners Ferry, Idaho
2 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Guys aren't worth your tears, and the one that is won't make you cry."
"At some point, we all have to let go of the past, grow up and move on!"


What is the point in students from the Untied States of America having to learn another language in order for us to graduate from our own high schools? This is the US is it not? We should have the free will to choose wither or not we want to learn another language. We live here.

In my personal opinion, I find it extremely ridiculous, that American citizens have to learn a foreign language to even graduate from our own high schools. If people from other countries choose to move here, they should be required to know enough English, to carry out a decent conversation. I have nothing against people moving into our beautiful country. But we should not have to change our ways just to please, and understand them.


The author's comments:
I have a very strong opinion, about being forced to learn some other language, to even be able to pass high school. This in the US, we speak English.