Can't put a price on education | Teen Ink

Can't put a price on education

June 15, 2010
By Taylor Meadows BRONZE, Versailles, Indiana
Taylor Meadows BRONZE, Versailles, Indiana
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Ultimately I feel like in today’s economy and world overall, college is more of a necessity rather than an option. Your choices for a career are very limited without a college degree that more than often, you’re forced to get a more temporary “job” instead of a life-long “career.” Even the cheaper community college is very expensive for most, not to even mention state and private colleges. Its outrages that you have to pay all this money to have a good life, only to have all your money going back to the bank to pay off loans. Some, though, are lucky enough to get scholarships and grants, but it’s still not enough. College should be if not free, cheaper. I understand that there are expenses to schools. But there are plenty of options to get money. I mean, you don’t have to pay $50,000 just to go to kindergarten or even 12th grade, and the teachers and what-not still get paid. College needs to be cheaper! Can you really put a price on education?


The author's comments:
It is really sad that in order for me to go to college i am going to have to pay for it all my life. This shouldnt just be something to me, it should also be important to anybody who will someday graduate high school.