Can't put a price on education

Ultimately I feel like in today’s economy and world overall, college is more of a necessity rather than an option. Your choices for a career are very limited without a college degree that more than often, you’re forced to get a more temporary “job” instead of a life-long “career.” Even the cheaper community college is very expensive for most, not to even mention state and private colleges. Its outrages that you have to pay all this money to have a good life, only to have all your money going back to the bank to pay off loans. Some, though, are lucky enough to get scholarships and grants, but it’s still not enough. College should be if not free, cheaper. I understand that there are expenses to schools. But there are plenty of options to get money. I mean, you don’t have to pay $50,000 just to go to kindergarten or even 12th grade, and the teachers and what-not still get paid. College needs to be cheaper! Can you really put a price on education?

Threefiddy said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:00 am

I remember a few months back when there were a bunch of pampered college students descending on some U.C., protesting the increase in tuition rates. I remember thinking to myself that they were a bunch of narcissistic babies who feel that they should be taken care of.

I feel bad saying this, but I got a similar tempo here. It's not right to demand that somebody pay for your goods and services, especially when you see getting a job as an intrusive task. Sorry for the blunt honesty.