Should Students Get Paid For Good Grades?

Picture this: getting money to buy that new pair of sneakers you want if you do well on that test. Do you think students should get paid for good grades? In my opinion there are three reasons I think students should get paid for good grades. One of them is more focus on school. Second reason is they love money so they’ll do what they have to, to get the money they want. Third, reason they’ll have better behavior.
Students will focus more on school if they know they’re getting paid for doing their work, homework etc. I know if I were getting paid for doing well in school I would try my hardest on everything to get money of my own that I earned from school. Focus is a big thing in school, if you don’t focus on your work paying attention you won’t know what to do if you don’t focus to get that good grade you want.
Kids of all ages love money they reason they do is because they’ll want to have their own instead of always asking their parents. Because they have money of their own to spend and their parents can’t tell them anything about how they spend their money. When I have my own money I say my mom can’t tell me anything because it’s my money not hers I could do whatever I want with my money , that I earned . Every kid will love to money of their own.
Do you have students in your school who misbehave? But love to get things from their parents? Should those kids get paid? What should they do? Work harder in school and behave so they can get new things. I think that kids would behave better if they know money was involved in school and they were getting paid for good grades. In My opinion I mean money is very popular some people can’t live without it , kids LOVE money so that they can get what they want . Students should get paid for good grades.

Melanie said...
Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:47 am
Yes students should get paid for get grades so they can buy what they want to buy

julian martinez replied...
heyyyyyyyyyyy

TheCritic said...
This guy makes some solid points, eh?

KyMae said...
Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:35 am
Students should not be paid because they already get free education. All around the world kids are deprived of education because they do not have the money. Here we recieve it for free and now we want even more? That's just selfish. Getting this wonderful free education should be motivation enough to try hard.

hardytaco replied...
Bull..studebts are being taught so they can grow up and get a job anyways. and what better way to teach them about a real job than to pay them(like an actual job)

cumminsyeeyee replied...
even public schools arnt free tax payers pay for it.. and if they did start paying for good grades tax payers would be paying for that as well

Sabtab101 said...
I am the first one to post a comments

Lulu said...
I disagree with this because kids have enough rewards from their parents.

AnInklingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't believe student should get payed for good grades because they already have a motivation: to have sucess in life through learning. If money is all that can motivate someone to learn, then as soon as that money is taken away (such as when they get out into the real world), they stop working. This creates a dependant and pathetic class of people.

Sabtab replied...
Hi I don't think people should get paid for good grades because the kids who don't get good grades will feel bad that they didn't get money and will cry or really be upset. Plus they already get enough stuff from there parents

Sabtab101 replied...
I agree with sabtab

Sabtab101 replied...
Yo Sabtab let's hook up

Sabtab101 replied...
Yucky that's weird!!

Sabtab101 replied...
:) ;) :$ :( ;(

Sabtab101 replied...
Me and my friend who are doing this ya we are like total weird

StudioGhibli said...
Well I think the students with disabilities would have a different criteria, wouldnt you think? And as for the students using the money innapropriately, maybe the money could just go into a trust fund where they could use to go to college. I think that would be efficient. The people who plan to go straight into the working community could use the money to start their bussinesses and mortages. This could be really beneficial.

Sabtab101 replied...
I agree. They might be failing and not have good enough grades to get paid

Sabtab101 replied...
I totes agree its like why would u get paid for an A+

markyboo13 replied...
Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:55 am
what the hell??!!!! we deserve to be paid!!

asdfghjkl replied...
May 2, 2014 at 7:58 am
u r tots right marky!!

bookmouse said...
Counterarguments: - students could use the money for bad purposes - it is unfair to students who are not on equal playing ground (test stress, disadvantaged socioeconomically, learning disability) - (more on test stress) for students that get stressed about tests causing them to do poorly this would only cause more stress and therefore worse grades - increases competition (which could be healthy, but too much is not!) - more incentive for students to cheat