Should Students Get Paid For Good Grades?

Picture this: getting money to buy that new pair of sneakers you want if you do well on that test. Do you think students should get paid for good grades? In my opinion there are three reasons I think students should get paid for good grades. One of them is more focus on school. Second reason is they love money so they’ll do what they have to, to get the money they want. Third, reason they’ll have better behavior.
Students will focus more on school if they know they’re getting paid for doing their work, homework etc. I know if I were getting paid for doing well in school I would try my hardest on everything to get money of my own that I earned from school. Focus is a big thing in school, if you don’t focus on your work paying attention you won’t know what to do if you don’t focus to get that good grade you want.
Kids of all ages love money they reason they do is because they’ll want to have their own instead of always asking their parents. Because they have money of their own to spend and their parents can’t tell them anything about how they spend their money. When I have my own money I say my mom can’t tell me anything because it’s my money not hers I could do whatever I want with my money , that I earned . Every kid will love to money of their own.
Do you have students in your school who misbehave? But love to get things from their parents? Should those kids get paid? What should they do? Work harder in school and behave so they can get new things. I think that kids would behave better if they know money was involved in school and they were getting paid for good grades. In My opinion I mean money is very popular some people can’t live without it , kids LOVE money so that they can get what they want . Students should get paid for good grades.

AnInklingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't believe student should get payed for good grades because they already have a motivation: to have sucess in life through learning. If money is all that can motivate someone to learn, then as soon as that money is taken away (such as when they get out into the real world), they stop working. This creates a dependant and pathetic class of people.

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm :
Yucky that's weird!!

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm :
:) ;) :$ :( ;(

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:52 pm :
Me and my friend who are doing this ya we are like total weird

StudioGhibli said...
Well I think the students with disabilities would have a different criteria, wouldnt you think? And as for the students using the money innapropriately, maybe the money could just go into a trust fund where they could use to go to college. I think that would be efficient. The people who plan to go straight into the working community could use the money to start their bussinesses and mortages. This could be really beneficial.

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm :
I agree. They might be failing and not have good enough grades to get paid

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:50 pm :
I totes agree its like why would u get paid for an A+

markyboo13 replied...
Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:55 am :
what the hell??!!!! we deserve to be paid!!

asdfghjkl replied...
May 2 at 7:58 am :
u r tots right marky!!

bookmouse said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:08 pm:
Counterarguments: - students could use the money for bad purposes - it is unfair to students who are not on equal playing ground (test stress, disadvantaged socioeconomically, learning disability) - (more on test stress) for students that get stressed about tests causing them to do poorly this would only cause more stress and therefore worse grades - increases competition (which could be healthy, but too much is not!) - more incentive for students to cheat

ygtbfkm said...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm:
No way. What about the autistic and dyslexic kids in our classes? What about the kids who have to work twice as hard as everyone else only to barely make an average pass? The kids with aspegers and the kids whose parents are so rich, if they fail to make the good grades they can just go home to mummy and daddy and cry until their parents cash out just to shut them up. And what about the kids who aren't good at taking tests? The ones that start freaking out when a teacher mentions an exam? Th... (more »)

aspergirl replied...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 pm :
Many autistic people and dyslexic people are able to achieve high grades when given the right supports. Just like neurotypicals, there is a broad spectrum.

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm :
You shouldn't say stuff like that

Sabtab101 replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:28 pm :
Yea that is just plain mean 

FMercuryBMay said...
May 7, 2013 at 10:45 am:
You spelt his last name wrong...

FMercuryBMay replied...
May 10, 2013 at 10:40 am :
Oops, wrong place... Wanted to comment on "Bob Sagget".

Awsomeness said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:33 am:
This guy makes sense. I mean what teen wouldn't work harder in school to get paid for doing good on a test.

rochelle_99 said...
Yes it's a good idea for the kids who don't have very good grades, or want to drop out... But do you really think it's nessicary?? i mean.... come on. We've been doing it for enough years to kind of understand that you need to push yourself. Not have money do it for you. Be self-modivated.

Dirtbiker24 replied...
Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:28 am :
I think kids should get paid because then they would pay more attention on homework and study more for good grades.

b549 said...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:03 am:
Great idea most people will say no becasues they don't see school as work but lets be honest most adults wouldn't go to work if they didn't get paid

Modern said...
Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:07 am:
Heck yeah, This would be great if I MADE GOOD GRADES often but im more of an average student so um yeah