Should Students Get Paid For Good Grades?

Picture this: getting money to buy that new pair of sneakers you want if you do well on that test. Do you think students should get paid for good grades? In my opinion there are three reasons I think students should get paid for good grades. One of them is more focus on school. Second reason is they love money so they’ll do what they have to, to get the money they want. Third, reason they’ll have better behavior.
Students will focus more on school if they know they’re getting paid for doing their work, homework etc. I know if I were getting paid for doing well in school I would try my hardest on everything to get money of my own that I earned from school. Focus is a big thing in school, if you don’t focus on your work paying attention you won’t know what to do if you don’t focus to get that good grade you want.
Kids of all ages love money they reason they do is because they’ll want to have their own instead of always asking their parents. Because they have money of their own to spend and their parents can’t tell them anything about how they spend their money. When I have my own money I say my mom can’t tell me anything because it’s my money not hers I could do whatever I want with my money , that I earned . Every kid will love to money of their own.
Do you have students in your school who misbehave? But love to get things from their parents? Should those kids get paid? What should they do? Work harder in school and behave so they can get new things. I think that kids would behave better if they know money was involved in school and they were getting paid for good grades. In My opinion I mean money is very popular some people can’t live without it , kids LOVE money so that they can get what they want . Students should get paid for good grades.

RARA said...
Nov. 14 at 10:40 am:
I have always been told that chores are expected and I should get no money for doing chores. How is this any differet? I believe that grades are something that you want to strive towards, not be bribed by your parents every time you get an A on a test. By working hard on your own you can achieve sucess, but what life skills will getting money from a test prove. When you get older and get into highschool and college, your parents won't be there to give you money every time that you get a grad... (more »)

thds said...
Nov. 10 at 9:15 pm:
the schools dont have enough funding as is. is it really a better idea to give money as an incentive when your future SHOULD be an incentive enough?

WolfHowls said...
Jun. 14 at 10:05 am:
I think that the author does have a point when they say that, for money, some students would focus better on their studies. The incentive of being able to buy a new video game or iPod could definitely get kids working. If this worked, it would be a good thing because it would bring up the school's overall student grades and text scores. However, it would get expensive. Before anyone could even put this idea into use at a school, they need to think about where the money is going to come from ... (more »)

Ipoopmypantssayaloud said...
May 13 at 11:32 am:
NEVER I WILL NOT GET PAID

Dr. Peanut said...
May 5 at 1:13 pm:
man u are off ur hizzy for tinkin dat son!!

DeathAssassinnn said...
May 5 at 12:05 pm:
Students shouldn't get paid that will spoil the crap out of them.  I work for my money i dont get it given to me like your parents did back when you were little. Just be happy for what you got because there could be a kid out there that has the highest IQ but doesn't have a school to go to.  - KEEP IT 1000

behindclosedDoorsma said...
May 1 at 9:36 am:
ur weird ya psico, but we should still get paid. I NEED MON EY

Kaity Marie M. said...
Apr. 13 at 8:20 pm:
We work as hard as teachers! We need the money for future needs! DUH!

Kaitly101 said...
Apr. 13 at 8:01 pm:
Students work as hard as teachers! So why arent we paid? we as students will need those for future needs! I say Yes we should get paid!!!.

Mineraft player said...
Mar. 27 at 2:09 pm:
i think we hould get paid!!!!! 

dfger said...
Mar. 27 at 2:08 pm:
hi i wanna get paid

TimeTravellerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 6 at 4:03 pm:
I disagree. The amount of money that our parents spend on our education is a lot already. They also have to ensure that we are provided with good food, a safe and sound environment and a comfortable shelter. Besides these, they have other expenses to take care so spending extra money for every good grade that we get seems absurd and not in favour of the current economic condition around the world. Besides, the 'motivation' that you speak about devalues the actual meaning of it. Education... (more »)

CuteSweetPeach replied...
Mar. 11 at 12:03 am :
Well you have a point TimeTravaller,but I must say that how will be able to buy our misalleanous things or major purchases? One thing, is that we can't have a part-time job. Second, is that we are not in age of working or having a job by the law (unless 16 or older). How in the world can we earn money to buy our things if we can't have jobs? This is an absolutely great opportunity or idea for us earning money. Our parents don't have to be the ones to pay us, but the school can. ... (more »)

Yoda wisdom VIP replied...
May 5 at 7:12 pm :
Agree, I do Time Traveler. Priceless, education is. Only work for the better, you should. Bad thing, only money is. Student I am, myself actually. Strive good grades only for money, you should never do.

Awesome Class said...
Feb. 25 at 11:14 am:
We agree with the author. We agree with the money thing. Kids want money and they need money. Also, they love money. They could get money from getting a good education and then get money from a job. Money can spoil people, but we still like the idea. 

chlo_chlo_reign925 said...
Feb. 25 at 11:07 am:
we really should get paid.

deepthi said...
Feb. 23 at 8:05 am:
I THINK WE SHOULD NOT GET PAID. BECAUSE EDUCATION IS PRICELESS. WE CANNOT VALUE EDUCATION WITH MONEY .WE CAN GIVE SOME SMALL PRIZES AND AWARDS AS A TOKEN OF THEIR SUCESS.MOREOVER IF WE GIVE MONEY FOR GRADE HOLDERS THEY WILL BECOME MONEY MINDED.(ADDICTION TOWARDS MONEY-EXPECT MONEY FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO IN LIFE)SO MONEY SHOULD NOT BE PAID FOR TOP RANK HOLDERS.

nae nae replied...
Apr. 4 at 12:19 pm :
if education is free than why do we have to pay to get into collage and pay for our books there too

a;lsdkfjasl;f replied...
Apr. 23 at 11:45 am :
ARE YOU MAD?!?!

ANONYMOUS replied...
Nov. 8 at 5:47 am :
R U OUTA UR MIND,,, WE NEED MONEY