Should Students Get Paid For Good Grades?

Picture this: getting money to buy that new pair of sneakers you want if you do well on that test. Do you think students should get paid for good grades? In my opinion there are three reasons I think students should get paid for good grades. One of them is more focus on school. Second reason is they love money so they’ll do what they have to, to get the money they want. Third, reason they’ll have better behavior.
Students will focus more on school if they know they’re getting paid for doing their work, homework etc. I know if I were getting paid for doing well in school I would try my hardest on everything to get money of my own that I earned from school. Focus is a big thing in school, if you don’t focus on your work paying attention you won’t know what to do if you don’t focus to get that good grade you want.
Kids of all ages love money they reason they do is because they’ll want to have their own instead of always asking their parents. Because they have money of their own to spend and their parents can’t tell them anything about how they spend their money. When I have my own money I say my mom can’t tell me anything because it’s my money not hers I could do whatever I want with my money , that I earned . Every kid will love to money of their own.
Do you have students in your school who misbehave? But love to get things from their parents? Should those kids get paid? What should they do? Work harder in school and behave so they can get new things. I think that kids would behave better if they know money was involved in school and they were getting paid for good grades. In My opinion I mean money is very popular some people can’t live without it , kids LOVE money so that they can get what they want . Students should get paid for good grades.

EdubsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 10:56 pm
yeah... but where is the money coming from, where are they getting this money to give to the students? How are the schools gonna pay money to like a thousand kids?

Gilliang115 said...
Ily a billi Abby

Official_Liana_Hunt said...
Please keep writing, you are just one of those rare voices out there that shouldn't keep to themselves! Poetry is the outlet from one soul to anouther and Rachel, sweetie you just fed mine :)

NoName said...
Think about it if the impoverished students got money for their good grades maybe it would help them out. They could buy food and clothes and more. WE SHOULD GET PAID FOR GOOD GRADES!!

HBAwriter replied...
I disagree. In the future, your parents aren't going to be there guiding you every step of the way, or monitoring your every move for that matter. As you grow older, one needs to learn to be self-reliant and independent. They need to learn to persevere without one's encouraging words and they need to live up to their full ability. Your parents do all that they can do for you, and the least you can do is give them something to be proud of. As @great said, it would be a waste of money. I for... (more »)

bren replied...
Jan. 12 at 7:37 pm
@HBAwriter you are wrong, because paying for good work prepares kids for adult life, so they will know that you get rewarded for doing something well, and you don't get rewarded for doing something poorly, it's the same as in adult life, where if you do a job well, then you get a good payjob, whereas if you do something poorly, then you learn, "Oh, I should do this better next time.

great This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If parents pay- What about the poorer kids? (21% of school-age kids lived in poverty in 2012) Also, parents CAN decide how the child spends the money until he/she turns 18, I'm pretty sure. If schools pay- This would be a waste of money, in my opinion. What about actually making the education higher quality? The money could go to making a cleaner school, updating technology, decreasing class sizes, etc. I have never gotten a B, and I've never been paid for doing well or gotten an allowance. Th... (more »)

Maximas said...
I totally agree but i need to be paid more right now 1 dollar for 1 A+. Why : (

luke bob said...
I totally AGREE if students got paid for getting good grades we would have money to spend on what we want. So students would work hard for their money. GET PAID FOR GOOD GRADES.

Marcus said...
I agree with the author that students should be paid for their good grades.That being that students would try harder in their classes.I think it would be fair to all students.Reason being, Smarter students would be put in a smarter class while not as smart kids would be put in a not smarter class so they would have a fair advantage!

annycs13 said...
I don't think that students should get paid for good grades because what about the students who don't get good grades but try? What about them? And the students who do get good grades and get paid for it, they may turn into overconfident students and may try to rub it into the other students faces. I think that, when it comes to a final or a big exam, maybe an exception could be made, but honestly, I think that on a regular basis, being paid to get a good grade is a good way of making other s... (more »)

sassy_cassie13 said...
I love the idea of getting paid for good grades. The question I have is how much would each student make for each good grade? I feel as though being paid for good grades would push me to work a lot harder in school. Sometimes I find myself slacking off or skipping studying for a quiz or test because I do not have enough motivation to work really hard for the best grade that I am capable of. I think that the parents should not be in charge of paying us when we get good grades, but I feel there sh... (more »)

Awesome! said...
@Awesome! Hellloooooooo I totally agree with you tht students should get paid .

sally said...
Dec. 17, 2014 at 11:50 am
I totally agree with you students should get paid. Adults get paid or get a raise when they do a good job, right? Since it's a kids "job" to do good in school and have good grades wouldn't it make sense for them to get paid for there achievements.

Kent said...
If we expect our parents to pay us for having good grades, then we should pay them for our living expenses as well, food, clothes, house, education, cable, cell phone, transportation, computer, etc, etc, etc, etc .........., They already spent a lot of money on us, because the Love us so much, like my Granpa and my daddy use to say... Education is the best gift that a parent can give to his child. Kent. 8yrs old

megan said...
Dec. 11, 2014 at 12:19 am
No I disagree. Why should you get paid for something that you are pretty much expected to do? Good grades will only help yourself not anyone else, so why should you get paid for something that you're doing to help yourself? Good/bad grades will only effect you. Getting good grades is the best reward. Pretty stupid to get paid for good grades.... I mean you can reward your child ice-cream or something but no bribe them.

RARA said...
Nov. 14, 2014 at 10:40 am
I have always been told that chores are expected and I should get no money for doing chores. How is this any differet? I believe that grades are something that you want to strive towards, not be bribed by your parents every time you get an A on a test. By working hard on your own you can achieve sucess, but what life skills will getting money from a test prove. When you get older and get into highschool and college, your parents won't be there to give you money every time that you get a grad... (more »)

thds said...
the schools dont have enough funding as is. is it really a better idea to give money as an incentive when your future SHOULD be an incentive enough?

WolfHowls said...
Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:05 am
I think that the author does have a point when they say that, for money, some students would focus better on their studies. The incentive of being able to buy a new video game or iPod could definitely get kids working. If this worked, it would be a good thing because it would bring up the school's overall student grades and text scores. However, it would get expensive. Before anyone could even put this idea into use at a school, they need to think about where the money is going to come from ... (more »)

Ipoopmypantssayaloud said...
May 13, 2014 at 11:32 am
NEVER I WILL NOT GET PAID