Gifted Children are Better than the Rest of Us

Have you ever wondered why, exactly, words like geek and nerd and smarty-pants and teacher's pet evolved?
The teachers praise the Gifted Children.
They don't even have to be Gifted. Just a little smarter than everyone else.
Is that everyone else's fault?
Did you know that if you are praised, you automatically do better in that field?
Gifted Children are praised all the time-
Maybe that is why they are so Gifted.
I do not mean to insult any Gifted Children, i just mean to make a point to the teachers and parents who made them little Veruca Salts.
Praise everyone who does a good job, not just the Gifteds.

ElijahN said...
May 30, 2010 at 12:26 pm:
haha you're a hunter??

XenonGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 1:57 pm :
haha did it surprise you?

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:17 pm :
yes. ready for summer?

Jun. 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm :
totally. can't wait i'm going to camp for 2weeks :) what are you doing over the summer?

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 8, 2010 at 9:30 pm :
a writing camp. :) what kind of camp is yours?

Jun. 9, 2010 at 6:09 pm :
its a conservation camp which is kind of what people think of when they think of camp. :-D its my first time going usually i go to acting camp but I am not this year

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm :
you wanna be an actor, too?

Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:20 pm :
not really-i just love the theatre. performing. what do you like to do?

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:27 pm :
acting and writing.

Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:46 pm :
oh no way!! that's so cool!!!

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:23 pm :
yeah, have you checked out any of my new writing? has any of your writing been posted? and where's logo been?

logo24 replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:37 pm :
sorry Elijah, I haven't been on in a while, I think a couple of my poems were posted a while ago. Xenon put up a lot of poems. Hers are amazing! You should definitely check them out.

Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm :
yeah like, randomly 7 or so poems of mine were posted :) you should check them out ;) and yeah i love your new ones !!!

ElijahN replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 1:14 pm :
hey! and ok, i'm about to look now. I've got some new ones up as well, guys.

ElijahN said...
May 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm:
very nice. and hey.

Anzi said...
Mar. 24, 2010 at 7:04 am:
I do not think you are talking about the real "gifted children". People you are talking about are those who want to be gifted and therefore work hard to become "teacher's pets". The gifted children are often not seen as gifted. They are often clumsy, shy and awkward; dare not show that they are actually talented. Often they are seen as troublemakers. They may be good in a specific occupation, but in others they are bad. Believe me, I'm a gifted child. I am skilled i... (more »)

once_a_redhead replied...
May 30, 2010 at 12:34 pm :
i agree completely w/ anzi though i like how u put it together but i agree w/ her point of view

Blobthe15 replied...
Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm :
I agree, you can have all F's and still be a gifted child, It's really about potential and the ability to learn. Teacher's pet aren't gifted, they work hard, they do well.