School Should Limit Homework.

School Should Limit Homework.
Do you think school should limit homework? Yes, but some may disagree, schools should limit homework because kids don’t have time. They are busy. Kids grades drop because of too much homework. Also, it’s way better to do class work then homework. It would just be better if schools limited homework.

My first reason would be, kids don’t have time, they are busy. Homework is important, although too much homework is unneeded. Some kids have family time, like movie night & stuff like that. Some people go to church, or do activities after school & they don’t have their whole lives to do homework.

Second, kids grades drop low because of too much homework. Believe it or not, if kids get to much homework, they get lazy & eventually don’t want do it at all. Then when they go to hand it in, they get a zero because they don’t have it done. Or, if they have a bunch of homework, & good people that actually do it, might forget their homework at home, & then they get a zero anyways because they forgot it. Which, leads into my next reason, students should do class work, instead of a lot of homework.

Students should do class work, then a lot of homework, because if students are on a problem at home, and they get stuck, they don’t have anybody to help them. Some people may argue with this because they got their moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. But, their mom and dad might not be educated. And, they might not have sisters or brothers. So, therefore it’s better to do class work than a lot of homework.

Like I said in the paragraph above, some people may argue with these reasons & some people may agree. They may argue because parents might want their child to have a lot of homework. And they might want them to get educated more on trying to do more homework. But, it should at least be a choice to the kids if they want a lot of homework. These are my reasons why schools should limit homework.

Zack said...
@atue-awesomeness. I disagree homework is given in ridiculous amounts and teachers should consider that teens have a life outside of school

fgfjhfjg said...
you need a better closing paragraph

dads girls said...
i agree with this eassy beacuse some times when you come from school i am so tired and i have so much homework we dont even have time for our selfs

123456 said...
I disagree with this argument. The reason teachers give homework to students is so that they learn to manage their time better. True, sometimes the amount they give is ridiculous, but it's only to help. When students do work at home, they learn it better because they can't just depend on the teacher to do the problem for them. The school years with a lot of homework may be painful, but it pays off in the future. If teachers didn't assign homework, students wouldn't be able to master the material... (more »)

jhon replied...
i dont know what school you go to, but my teachers couldnt care less about my time management, they just want their class work done..

atue-awesomeness. said...
I agree, sometimes the amount of homework students receive each night is ridiculous. But also growing older comes with more responsabilities and being able to manage one's time. If teachers were to limit the amount of homework, students may loose the much needed motivation to teach themselves or do more than need, which they will need there Junior and Senior Year in high school and also in college. Class room time is often limited and used for instruction and learning time. Honestly if us a... (more »)

Zakk H. said...
nICE i wroTE an EsSAy aboUt HomEWoRk too. YoU sHoULD cHeCK it Out. iT'S caLLeD "Too Much Homework, Too Little Time". AnD GuESS wHaT?!? It wAs A HoMEwoRK asSigNmeNt...IrONIC huH?

AsherJ said...
I completely agree, I am in eighth grade and some nights I am up until midnight doing homework and my friend often has to wake up at four in the morining to do homework because we do stuff after school! I agree with each of your points, well written essay. :-)

Graceab replied...
This essay was very well written structually. To improve it, and to make a more sophisticated persuesion, you must outline some of the pros as well. Even if you don't believe there are any or you don't agree with them, you must outline them.
Well done (: