Cell Phones In School

Technology is surrounding the world today, it is used in every aspect including hospitals, office buildings, fire departments, even in schools. I feel there is no need to ban the use of cell phones in schools, they can help in many different ways. By keeping our community updated with all the new technologies out there will help make a more useful point to all of these new gadgets.

As a student at ********* High School I feel that the use of cell phones should be allowed. In class there are not always enough calculators for every student to use, most likely every student in the room will have a cell phone, and on that cell phone there is always a calculator, allowing the use of these phones for school use they can then lower the districts budget now being able to subtract calculators. Every phone has either a memo pad or a notepad, in schools they give each student a assignment book which is supposed to be used throughout the school year to write down their school assignments and work needed to be completed. In this world today every teenage student has their cell phone steady on hand which their school assignment book should be, but are not. In this case if students could have their cell phones in class they could put their work into their cell phones with an alarm and never miss an assignment due. I think teachers should give their students a certain amount of time to put their assignments in their phones so they will only be able to use their phones for school related things. During class the teacher may ask the students to research something, while taking the whole class down to the library would take to long, many students have internet access on their cell phones which could be used at the tip of their fingers. This would save time and would allow the teachers more time to teach. The camera devices on the cell phones can come in handy also, if a student is absent a friend can take a picture of their work and send it to their friend to keep him/her updated with missing work.

It is realistic that there will always be bulling through text message, online, or face to face, although if someone is bulling another student through text message that student could save these messages as proof to show authority of what was really said. There will always be problems with cheating on tests, although to solve this problem since the teacher already knows that every student has a cell phone, the students would have to take their cell phones out, turn them off and place them on the corner of their desks during test time. The use of cell phones in school may take away the students urge to use them, which would than create a better learning place for these students.

Bibliography

"Fair Cell Phone Use in Schools: Pros and Cons of Cell Phones in School." Teaching & Technology. Web. 05 Mar. 2010. <http://teachingtechnology.suite101.com/article.cfm/fair_cell_phone_use_in_schools>.

umar.khan9033 said...
Mar. 9, 2016 at 1:18 am
students can buy cellphones but not calculators

alexandreaw said...
@what's up it didnt help me either

alexandreaw said...
well essays help you understand and also write

what's up said...
This did not help me at all u fucking idiot

alexandreaw replied...
i did not help me either

sulieman said...
no comments from 214

dipti said...
Sept. 5, 2013 at 11:30 am
ya i think ur essay is perfect and i do agree with youu.and students should understand that they need not misuse mobiles 

Watkins28Karen said...
May 23, 2012 at 6:15 am
I received 1 st personal loans when I was a teenager and this helped my family a lot. Nevertheless, I require the term loan as well.

brownie242 replied...
Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:39 am
i like what you said

im his person only replied...
i agree because it needs to be emerjienes only.

English teacher said...
I strongly think cell phones should be used at school just in case of emergencies, there are still many irresponsable students who might use them unproperly during class time, distracting themselves and others. Once students show teacher they can handle it, I will agree.

urdad69 said...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 7:57 am
every one loves men  (:

alexandreaw replied...
true about everyone loves men

Destiny F. said...

I agree that we should be allowed to use phones in class only at appropriate times.