School Should Limit Homework. | Teen Ink

School Should Limit Homework.

Do you think school should limit homework? Yes, but some may disagree, schools should limit homework because kids don’t have time. They are busy. Kids grades drop because of too much homework. Also, it’s way better to do class work then homework. It would just be better if schools limited homework.

My first reason would be, kids don’t have time, they are busy. Homework is important, although too much homework is unneeded. Some kids have family time, like movie night & stuff like that. Some people go to church, or do activities after school & they don’t have their whole lives to do homework.

Second, kids grades drop low because of too much homework. Believe it or not, if kids get to much homework, they get lazy & eventually don’t want do it at all. Then when they go to hand it in, they get a zero because they don’t have it done. Or, if they have a bunch of homework, & good people that actually do it, might forget their homework at home, & then they get a zero anyways because they forgot it. Which, leads into my next reason, students should do class work, instead of a lot of homework.

Students should do class work, then a lot of homework, because if students are on a problem at home, and they get stuck, they don’t have anybody to help them. Some people may argue with this because they got their moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. But, their mom and dad might not be educated. And, they might not have sisters or brothers. So, therefore it’s better to do class work than a lot of homework.

Like I said in the paragraph above, some people may argue with these reasons & some people may agree. They may argue because parents might want their child to have a lot of homework. And they might want them to get educated more on trying to do more homework. But, it should at least be a choice to the kids if they want a lot of homework. These are my reasons why schools should limit homework.

mani145 said...
this is good but i disagree  

i.e.Mikey123 said...
i liked the essay and its a wonderful essay that i have ever had and it is true sometimes teenager or adults have so many home work that they can't even play with their kids........

Presley96 said...
Presley96, Roseland, Virginia

There are people who laugh to show their fine teeth; and there are those who cry to show their good hearts.
Joseph Roux

Not four hours of classes but of homework in the afternoon (sorry for the confusion)

Presley96 said...
Presley96, Roseland, Virginia

Joseph Roux

I think that a lot of homework is kinda good. I know with being in all advanced classes that I have almost four hours of classes( Includes Studying) I think it helps me..i work hard because I know that it will all pay off later in life. I think if you want the best in life you have to work for it and accept the homework. So many people are less fortunate and do not get the chance to learn what we have available to us. I think that Homework is an important part of our JOB as a student. I think it is something that one will have to embrace...Sorry if this is not a great opinion>>

SilentlyRising GOLD, Decatur, Georgia

"My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

I agree.  First, let me say that this article was written very well--good job!  Secondly, I'd like to add that I believe that homework leads to teen drinking and drugs.  Alcohol and drugs are supposed to make all your stress fade away into nothing.  Homework can cause stress.  It's not hard to put two and two together.  Again, good job on the article!

YOYA said...
on Feb. 20 2011 at 8:50 am
I strongly agree

smile said...
i am from China,our school is very beautiful.I am a high school student ,we have much homework every day,so i feel tired,i an tired of it.

123456 said...
I disagree. Homework teaches students to manage their time and handle responsibility better. If students don't want to do their homework, that's their choice, and they can face the consequences of that. And as for the good students forgetting their homework at home, it happens, but they learn from that and it teaches them to be more responsible.

JRA401 BRONZE said...
JRA401 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

ummmhmmm.!

We should have homework, but we shouldn't have as much where we have to stay up all hours of the night doing it.

foreverever008 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
hmmmm. idnot agree.  we should still have some homework.