School Should Limit Homework. | Teen Ink

School Should Limit Homework.

January 29, 2010
By Anonymous

Do you think school should limit homework? Yes, but some may disagree, schools should limit homework because kids don’t have time. They are busy. Kids grades drop because of too much homework. Also, it’s way better to do class work then homework. It would just be better if schools limited homework.

My first reason would be, kids don’t have time, they are busy. Homework is important, although too much homework is unneeded. Some kids have family time, like movie night & stuff like that. Some people go to church, or do activities after school & they don’t have their whole lives to do homework.

Second, kids grades drop low because of too much homework. Believe it or not, if kids get to much homework, they get lazy & eventually don’t want do it at all. Then when they go to hand it in, they get a zero because they don’t have it done. Or, if they have a bunch of homework, & good people that actually do it, might forget their homework at home, & then they get a zero anyways because they forgot it. Which, leads into my next reason, students should do class work, instead of a lot of homework.

Students should do class work, then a lot of homework, because if students are on a problem at home, and they get stuck, they don’t have anybody to help them. Some people may argue with this because they got their moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. But, their mom and dad might not be educated. And, they might not have sisters or brothers. So, therefore it’s better to do class work than a lot of homework.

Like I said in the paragraph above, some people may argue with these reasons & some people may agree. They may argue because parents might want their child to have a lot of homework. And they might want them to get educated more on trying to do more homework. But, it should at least be a choice to the kids if they want a lot of homework. These are my reasons why schools should limit homework.