Homework Stress

Every day teachers hand out homework to kids expecting them to do it once they get home and drop everything they had planned to do their homework. 86% of kids at schools at least get one missing assignment per month some have a lot more. I believe teachers should talk out what assignments before they give them out. Lots of the time teachers give out homework in every class not even caring about what the homework other teachers gave us. Just last week I was the most stressed that I have ever been in my life. Our teacher gave us four projects to do in two weeks! I did little on the first week because I like to go outside and play with my friends. When the last week came I stopped meeting my friends, I didn’t go downstairs and out of my room to socialize with my family because I had to stay in my room and do homework. When you talk to your parents they usally say they were always outside playing but in today’s world homework stops that from kids playing. This causes obesity.

The other subject I don’t like about schools is tests. We write words that are on the bored into our notebooks for tests and not knowing what we are writing down. The problem is some teachers think if they write something on the bored students will remember it for a lifetime. The teachers that get kids to have an A in their class are the good ones. They always teach the kids what the subject is and this makes it a lot less stressful for the students, and even the teachers. The teachers are happier about their students and their teaching ability. Teachers should learn that if a lot of students get A’s in their classes then they are doing a good job. Some teachers think that they are doing well if they have a couple of kids working their buts off to get an A and the rest D’s and F’s. If teachers do that then only few students of that class are learning new things and the rest are failing and not being able to learn new things.

If teachers of the world understood the stress of students and remember when they were little maybe they would teach kids better. When kids think what they last learned two months ago its hard because school is based off learning short term memory subjects to pass a test. I cannot remember what I learned about the Egyptians because it was all based off short term memory. Teachers need to learn to help us learn instead of writing things out of the book and making us study things we do not understand.

Pruthi said...
Jan. 31 at 6:08 am:
In china students are given only hw of one subject until they are of 14 years  

feefee$44 said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm:
me 2 i have a debate to do!!!

johnsmitt64 said...
May 8, 2013 at 10:05 am:
My math teacher gives us 2 assignments everyday and its really dumb.

xXQwzerXx said...
Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 pm:
Im writing a reaserch paper on homerwork ban

Nelu96 said...
We get so much homework and teachers still expect us to be excellent in our other activities. How are you supposed to put more effort into your sports or cultural activities if you are always buried under a mountain of homework. It's impossible! I agree. Teachers should communicate with each other and only give homework when it's absolutely necessary.

LA Teacher said...
May 7, 2012 at 4:23 pm:
If the Web site that you are using as a source does not give the author's last name, you should probably be questioning the credibility of the source. 

HW-HATER said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 4:11 am:
during february break i had a take home test from ss, an essay in spanish, and in science i had to create a model of so2, write a page about it and an essay about bonding.  Its so stupid how they give so much hw during break and plus i was going away pretty much the whole week. so where does that leave me? stressed out to the max...

That Person... said...
I get home. I do homework. I eat, drink, use the bathroom, shower, and sleep in between homework. I get on an average 5 hours of sleep. I go to school before the sun comes up and when I return home, I do more homework. After almost a half of a year, my academics, health, and overall love of life have declined. Even now, i still have 3+ hours of rigorous hw to do and I still get B's. (hard classes) I'm generally ambitious, but this hw is seriously damaging my life. I'm talking around 8 hou... (more »)

That Person... replied...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm :
oh yea, grammer mistakes make me paranoid. it's "awww *I've* written too much..." and this is no exaggeration, hyperbole, whatever. It's hard to function with all this hw.

SamO said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:20 am:
Yayyyyy! No homework!

EpicHWHater replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm :
YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I HAVE AN ANCIENT CIVILIZATION PROJECT AND THE RESEARCH IS DU TOMMOROW! I AM SO STRESSED AND I NEED SOME RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!

Death_Eater said...
Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:44 am:
Last year I had to do like 20 pages of Science homework each mounth and we needed to bring our science  book home EVERY DAY!

needstoknowyourname said...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:49 am:

Hi, my name is Haley. I'm doing an argumentative essay in my Am. Lit class, and I really liked this forum. I would really like to know your last name so I can site this. It's really stressing me out because I can't really find any websites where people use their last names, and I have to site a with a last name.

Please, this is due Tomorrow!

terminator said...
Ugh iagree wit everyone. Homework is just a waste of time and its da same thing. Why don't we just do the work at school instead of stressing about it during your free time??!!

christian morrow said...
it is not good because  it tries you out

awesomness said...
May 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm:

I agree but i do have a strategy

if u wake up earlier youll have time

2 do some of youre HW so you can

do less  when you get home and

doing some HW in the morning

wakes u up

3Jay92 replied...
May 6 at 11:25 am :
Thats what I do it works.

xXFluffy_TazXx said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm:
I'm going to have to agree with you. It seems like now and days all of my teachers expect me to focus on just their homework and class, and not the other classes. I think teachers need to be a lot more flexible about homework and stop expecting the kids at my school to just focus on their class.

bookworm1 said...
I agre. Sometimes it seems like teachers think we have nothing better to do than to sit around writing sentences in French or proving triangle 1 equal to triangle 2.

hoomeworkisfornoobs said...
id rather play mw2 or black ops then do some nooby boring homework and its for noobs ya homework is for noobs