Cell phones in school

I think that we should be able to have our cell phones in school. If we cannot use them during class we should at least be able to use them in between classes and at lunch. Sometimes our parents need to text us to tell us something or ask us something and don’t want to go through the hassle of having to call the school, or we might need to tell our parents something and we don’t want to have to go through the hassle of going to the office and having to call them especially if it is just one little thing that we need to tell them. I don’t think that having our cell phones distracts us or anyone else from our work. If we are still getting are work done then I don’t think there is anything wrong with having them with us or using them. In between classes and at lunch we should really be able to use them because we don’t have anything else to do and if we are getting to class on time then I don’t see a problem with it.

Angie123 said...
Ok . so yeah you are right.. we do have a right... just like the tornados down here in alabama.. we could not get ahold to any of our parents because of down power lines.. i think we should have a right to use them.. but anyway.. this is unorganized and needs a little work .. thanks

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm sorry, but these are not very strong arguments and the piece is not very well organized. You could definetely do better.
And just FYI, I am pretty neutral on the cell phone thing.

alex15282 said...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 10:50 am
i agree its education not time to text then they blame the teachers for missing hw they didnt hear and what have you there is a world out there not revolving always on cellphones i have one i use it for contactingmy freinds and i have my own buisness at 15 and thats why i use it for busniss and family

emophantom replied...
Apr. 21, 2011 at 10:32 am
i belive that who eva has commented on this in a negitive way is a total lamo or a teacher

ClaraZornado This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Many schools do allow cellphones. Personally, my own high school allows students to use cellphones in the halls and during lunch. Not in classrooms. I find it ridiculous that the kids can't wait to text the person who they will see in twenty minutes, though.

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 8:18 am
I love the idea of phones in school, and your opinion of it, but when it comes to school rules, it's better to not have phones or ipods. Not all kids, but some of them, will take advantage of that new privlage, and exhaust it. Give someone a foot, they'll take a mile.

Jessie Kay said...
i agree we always get caught calling our parents if we need something outside in the back of the school

Quan V. said...
excuse me, what's your nationality? i'M FROM Vietnam. I agree with you but in my country, there is a few schools wich students can use cell phones and I think we need expert's advice

Meredith M. said...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 12:30 am
Agreed! But i'm a little biased because i am seriously attached to my cell phone...