intelligence | Teen Ink

intelligence

By SimplyBry SILVER, Center, Texas
SimplyBry SILVER, Center, Texas

live life with no regrets. just lessons learned

what and who is intelligence? is it the perfect student? the student who gets strait a's, the student in the front row by choice, not becuase they made a bad decision, is it the perfect attendance student? or is it the student on the very back row in the class, the one whos has his ipod listening to heavy metal music, headbanging along to the addictive beat? who knows?, it's neither, being intelligent isnt just being the perfect student, or the worst student, but in my opinion i can almost bet that the "bad" student is most likely the more intelligent one. to me intellegince doesnt depend on where your from, how well you do in school, and how much money you have! intelligence is so much more, its about what you've been through, how you deal with situations, how you think, how you take in information and deal with problems. its about looking and reading the fine details that the big picture doesnt show. its the reading between the lines. so my guess is that the bad or not perfect student is more likely to be more intelligent just becuase they have been in situations where you have to do something to learn it. intelligence isnt learing from a book, or the internet or listening to some teach lecture you all day. its about getting out in life and being in problems and situations where you have to learn to deal with things, thats what makes you intelligent. not if you make the best grades in school, and not if you speak up the most. take albert einstein for example, he is probable one of the greatest most intelligent man in history, but he didnt get there by being a stuck up perfect rich student, in fact albert was considered mentally impaired, he didnt learn what he knew from a book, he learned it from trial and error, from getting out there, doing something, and making a differnce. making a difference? your probably asking yourself, yes making a difference. you can be smart and intelligent without putting it to great use, a honest intelligent person shares what they know, and tries to make a difference for the world. even though i may realize this, not everyone does and not everyone is going to agree with me, but i can almost guarantee if you go ask a teacher or a proffesor which student is more intelligent, their going to say the perfect student, unless that teacher is different. comment and tell me what you think. and whether or not you disagree

sry for the gramatical errors i wrote this in a hurry, plz comment and tell me what you think i want ur honest replys..thx so much

♥Peace its bubblez♥

Football25 said...
on Jan. 16 2014 at 12:24 pm
I think your right 100% people like preps come up to me in school and are like oh your dumb and this and that blah blah well I must not be to dumb to be black and made it to the eighth grade now could I?! Call what you want but I'll be on college while your still with your mom

on Jan. 16 2014 at 12:23 pm
My opinion is tHat intelligence is in everyone and to be better you try better so you can be more than intelligence

AlexisP said...
on Jan. 16 2014 at 12:21 pm
I agree. It's not just the smart ones that are intelligent. It's also the dumb ones who are. They both learn from there mistakes. So both are intelligent.

on Mar. 10 2011 at 5:52 pm
SimplyBry SILVER, Center, Texas

to be intellegent is to go through experiences to get that way intelligence is just automatically given to you. you have to get through things, work with yourself and strive

on Feb. 21 2011 at 6:50 pm
Hawthorn BRONZE, Nowheresville, Maine

"Know Thy Enemy" Sun Tzu

You don't have to be dumb to mock your teachers, just amazingly cocky.

on Aug. 7 2010 at 10:39 am
earlybird_8 BRONZE, Roberts Creek, Other

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Okay, I value your opinion, but you're wrong about Albert Einstein. He wasn't mentally impaired, but rather had a hard time learning ancient greek, and that can be said about pretty much everyone. He thought he was smarter than his teachers, so he cut class and made fun of them. His classmates called him a nerd. Then again, someone who's dumb enough to mock his teachers might very well have been mentally impaired.

I do sort of agree with you about intelligence, and think you bring up an excellent point. There are many kinds of intelligence that school doesn't measure, like emotional intelligence (understanding what someone's feeling) or sports intelligence, and let's not forget the all-important "street smarts". 

on Jul. 31 2009 at 5:36 pm
SimplyBry SILVER, Center, Texas

yea, i do agree with you but in some cases that just isnt the deal. you still have to experiance things to kno how to deal with it and that may increase ur intellingence. and thanks for the comment, like i said, not everyone is going to agree with me

on Jul. 28 2009 at 3:25 pm
Matthew Driadon BRONZE, Forked River, New Jersey
Intelligence defined as " capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intelligence What I'm reading is about experience not intelligence. To suffer from one thing is to learn and adapt. The more you know about the world and experience it the more your able to deal with. Intelligence is what can get you to those places. I like the idea behind your article though.