letter | Teen Ink

letter

July 14, 2023
By jq BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
jq BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Mrs. Hartjes

 

Hi my name is Jaydon Quella, I am 15 years old and turning 16 in August, and I will be a sophomore next year. Some things I like to do for fun are fishing, biking, going for walks, playing video games on my xbox and Pc. I absolutely love being outdoors and camping and just exploring in general. 


My Mom is fostering an airedale, golden mix dog. She is a super hyper dog and can't leave my Mom’s side. Her name is Dorothy and she is a velcro dog, which means they are up your but all the time and don’t leave you alone. Last weekend I went to my grandma’s and grandpa's 65th wedding anniversary. When I found out I was like dang, that is a long time to be married to someone. When we went there the first thing we did was go to the church, which was cold. To get their vals renewed and that was super boring and lasted about an hour.So me, my dad, and my sister sneaked out a little early and went to the gym to find a seat for dinner. It was a lot warmer in the gym, when you walked in it felt so good.Then after we ate I drove home to my dad’s house because my parents are divorced. That's why I said dad’s house.I also have my temps, and drive a lot and also love to drive. I get my driver's license in August, which is not that far away.


I like to play video games with friends. Some games that i like to play are warframe, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Roblox, Grounded, Apex Legends. But by far my favorite game would be warframe. Warframe is a multiplayer game that is an open world game that you can expose yourself throughout the solar system. Also there are different heroes that have different abilities. Then you also have pets like dogs or robots that you can take into battle. The weapons in the game level up when using them and then you can put mods on them to make them more powerful. My favorite sport is track, I do 100m in track and next year I want to try doing the 400m, 200m, and maybe the mile. I ended the track season early because My hip got injured which really sucked.I love climbing trees and just chill and watching the birds and watching videos on my phone. 


Almost every summer we go to a cabin for my birthday and get  to bring a friend who usually ends up being my cousin and we fish, explore and swim to our hearts content or till we have to get out for lunch. One time we were chopping wood for the fire when my cousin cut his hand open and I had to take him to the hospital.Now he has a big scare to remember that weekend. This summer I will be taking my friend Owen to this cabin this year which will be a lot of fun because I am going to fish a lot.


I also got a job for the summer, I work at Rhapsodies which is an ice cream place on oregon st. I used to work at a restaurant called Parnell's. I was a busser at those places. It was a good fit for me because I like to move around and not sit still. Which makes school hard for me but I still do well. I can’t wait to do creative writing.


The author's comments:

great