One Simple Test

Why is it that one simple test, the SAT and or ACT, can determine our future? We have to take a test that has been proven enable to be studied, yet it plays a vital role in college acceptance. Some of us have a lot of talents and are amazingly gifted students, but when it comes standardized testing, we can’t deliver. I personally am one of those people. I take advanced classes, have above average grade, am involved with my community, involved with church, and have extra curricular activities. Put a standardized test in front of me and I panic. I feel like my whole future is on the line with this four hour long test. It is unfair that one test can make or break me if I have already shown that I am competent enough for college. I am positive that many others view the same way as me.

bobun16 said...
I agree, colleges should incldue your background as a major thing as well as the test, hwoever, the test does show how well you operate under pressure...a good thing to have for later life.

Kristin S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I completely agree!! I am the same way! I also take advanced classes, have a high GPA, etc. One of my friends is really good in math class and gets A's on all of our assignments, but her test average is a C. It's just not right! The reason we have SATs and ACTs is because of the government. It's their way of making sure that the public schools are doing what they're supposed to be doing, but it's a really pathetic way to check!!

bethanibubbles said...
Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:18 am
You have made a very good point. I also panic when I take tests. I work hard in school and am involved in different things too