School Homework | Teen Ink

School Homework

May 21, 2019
By Anonymous

School. It’s a key necessity to get a good paying job and know more about a topic or a class that you want to take. But, when it comes to school, there is also something called homework. Schools shouldn’t be able to give homework because it’s stressful, it deprives students from their social life, and students just lose interest.
When it comes to school, most students don’t want to do the homework because it stresses them out too much, even college students. According to Quora and Rebecca Matt, they said that “Homework can also cause stress between parents and their children by taking away from time that should be spent building family relationships and turning it into a rush-rush-get-it-over with hour of every evening. Many parents learned processes differently, and they struggle to understand the point behind the homework assignment, and the process of the new math concepts. Today's educational systems are, in theory, promoting higher order thinking skills. Parents' education was, more likely, focused on formulas, processes and procedure.” They then try to reteach the assignment in a "simple" way, and the child becomes confused. Those reasons show why homework is stressful to students.
Besides homework being stressful, it also deprives you of your social life. Instead of hanging out with your friends or family (families), you’re stuck doing homework that is due the next day. According to Oxford-Learning.com, they said that “Extracurricular activities and social time gives students a chance to refresh their minds and bodies. But students who have large amounts of homework have less time to spend with their families and friends. This can leave them feeling isolated and without a support system. For older students, balancing homework and part-time work makes it harder to balance school and other tasks.” Without time to socialize and relax, students become increasingly stressed, impacting life at school and at home. These reasons prove that homework isn’t just stressful, but it also deprives them of their social life.
Not only does us stress you out and deprive you of your social, it also makes you lose interest in it. The main reason why you lose interest in it, is because it’s boring and hard. According to College-Homework-help.org, they said that “Lots of homework put much pressure on young minds; this pressure only makes them lose interest and become less effective in their work. They need time to switch focus, explore the world, engage in other activities or else they’ll be ineffective at school/university.” Students also mainly lose interest in their homework because of the fear of failing, poor instruction/teaching, and increased distractions. And with all of those, their parents will also threaten them to get their homework done for school. This causes the kid to sit and stare at their homework assignment and not do it.These reasons show that students also lose interest into doing homework.
In conclusion, schools shouldn’t offer homework to students because it’s stressful, it strips them from their social life, and students just lose interest and don’t care about it anymore. The main reasons why homework does all these things is 1: Extra loads of work that students are assigned to do at home have a negative effect on younger generation that has to spend hours dealing with math problems instead of resting. 2: Students are stuck at home doing homework instead of having fun and doing extracurricular activities. 3: That lots of homework can and will put tons of pressure on you, causing you to lose interest. Those reasons, in total, tells you why schools shouldn’t give homework.