Eva Mclaren | Teen Ink

Eva Mclaren

March 13, 2019
By Anonymous

So I was in my science class one day, barely listening, but still retaining the information as usual. I wish I could tell you what I was doing, but I can’t recall everything on this specific day. But what I do remember was doing whatever I was doing, Probably talking to friends or just zoning out. But whatever I was doing, the thing that happened would snap me out of it faster than a panther striking on it’s helpless prey.

I know Eva was sitting to the right of me, probably just laying down “tired” like she does everyday in science. I was just minding my own business when I heard the highest, and wettest noise I can remember, and at first I just thought that I had moved in my chair, and it creaked. But then this god awful smell wafted into my nose. It smelt like road kill that had been laying on the side of the road in the summer with the sun beating down on it, and someone had thrown a egg salad on the rotting corpse, and it molded and decomposed on the road kill that was also being decomposed with holes in its stomach.

I looked around, but could not notice anybody acting weird, because I had suspected that it was a nasty, wet, shart. But then I looked down to this perfect little angel who was sitting slumped, bored out of her mind, listening to our teacher droning on and on about something we either did not understand, or did not want to understand

But then it hit me like a baseball making contact with a hard and dense bat cracking it in half and sailing into the sky. What if this amazing woman had tooted her own horn? Of course I didn’t care too much, since it is something that all people do uncontrollably. But when I asked her about it, she had denied all accusations, and it just bewildered me. I even said that I didn’t care, and that Ii just wanted to know, but she said that it wasn’t her.

And of course I believed that it wasn’t her at first, because I had no reason to suspect only her. But when I looked around, there was no one around us. I guess that they were all gone that day. But it doesn’t matter that they were gone, not to me at least. I just felt a little offended that my friend was lying to me. Or “friend”.She’s been acting like we aren’t friends anymore., Iin fact, she acts like she hates me, and I don’t know what I did. But whatever. Fake friends, I guess. Back to the story. I told her that it had to be her because there was no one else around. But I guess I didn’t believe her.

But you know, now that I think about it, I should believe her, I mean she is my friend and that’s what they do. You know what? Nnever mind., I guess we should both believe that it wasn’t her. I mean, she hasn’t done anything that should make me not trust her. Well, Ii guess she didn’t fart. We should find out who did it. I might just write about that, but I don’t know. lol.