Bullied By My Teacher | Teen Ink

Bullied By My Teacher

January 21, 2019
By Rebecca.sk SILVER, New City, New York
Rebecca.sk SILVER, New City, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Usually when you’re in high school, you’re getting bullied by the popular girls, yeah no. Me, I get bullied by teachers way more than I get bullied by classmates. My High School is actually pretty chill, yes there are cliques, but generally everyone’s friendly with everyone. But not the teachers.

This past year, my junior year, I took an A.P. U.S. History class, my teacher, it was his first year at my school. He used to live New York but moved away and just moved back this year. He was a history teacher at the other school he used to work at, but he had never taught A.P. U.S. History. And believe me it was obvious he’d never taught this class before.

As someone of average intelligence, I rely heavily on my teacher knowing the extensive knowledge of the topic being studied. That was how it was in all my other history classes I’ve taken, the was the norm in my school district. The teachers went above and beyond. But no, this guy, he wasn’t even the smartest person in the class. A sophmore in the class knew more history than him. All he ever talked about was how he could beat all of us at sports and how we’re all privileged because of the area we live in.

My junior year I was dealing with a lot of health issues. So I was absent from school a lot. I always tried to let my teachers know ahead of time, or I would always email them. All my other teachers would tell what I’d be missing and when I could come make stuff up. But this teacher did not. He didn’t even answer my emails until I confronted him about.


After being absent for for 3 days and the 2 days I was in school he wasn’t there, I emailed him again asking if he had received my first email. The next week when he came back, I had to go up to him and ask him about what i had missed. When I asked if he got my emails he said and I quote, “Yeah I got your emails, I just didn’t want to email you back because it would have been so much.”

He didn’t feel like emailing me back, but he could respond to other kids stupid comments on google classroom.

So the quarter was about to end and I had about 5 things that I didn’t know about that I had to make up. He said he would give me extra time to turn them in, then that friday he says he’s no longer accepting any late work for the quarter. I ended up getting a 70 that quarter all because of late/missing work.

This continued the whole year. He would give other people however long they needed to turn stuff in, and gave me no time. I would work in a group and he’d give them an 100 and me a 95. He pick on me in class. And then had the audacity to email my mother saying he was concerned that I might fail the A.P. exam.

He knew I hated him, and everyone could see he had something against me, but no one knew why.

He screwed me over my junior year, the most important year of high school. So my junior year of high school, I wasn’t bullied by my peers. I was bullied by my History teacher.