Who Will I Be? | Teen Ink

Who Will I Be?

By st114168 BRONZE, Hemet, California
st114168 BRONZE, Hemet, California

A teardrop plops on my graph I’m creating for math class. It’s nearing midnight and I want nothing more then to be asleep in my warm bed, dreaming away. I’m frustrated with everything. I'm frustrated with my parents, for booking my Spanish tutor for early in the morning when I specifically told them that I needed all the sleep I could get. Frustrated with my teachers, piling assignment after assignment into a single day. Frustrated with myself, for not being able to understand what I'm even doing. I question if what I'm do is even worth it in the end. Where will I be after I graduate? The idea of college is a frequent flyer in my home. My mom, the first of her family to attend college, yearns for me to finally grip the task of earning my degree. My dad, constantly pointing out colleges, telling me it's time to face the real world. The pampering for my sister seemed never ending as she prepared to embark on her new adventure. My mind tells me I belong in college, nestled away in my dream town, San Diego. But my heart doesn’t know yet. My heart is still pondering through my options. I wonder what I could be if college wasn’t so adamant through out my daily life.  I say I want to be a teacher, but what if I want to become a motivational speaker? What if I want to invent something that will be out of this world? While college or the military is a great route, we should influence student's to be whatever they want to be! If the success one earns is fulfilling to them, then it’s fulfilling to me.

I'm requrired to do a monthly paper for my class. As a sophmore, I'm curious as to where I will be in 2021, after I graduate.