Top Voted Pop Culture Articles

Here are the top voted pop culture articles:

voted
#1
Sexting: Know the Facts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
High-tech has created a new low. The term “sexting” is a combination of the words sex and texting, and refers to the practice of sending sexually ­explicit photos electronically, mainly by cell phone. The incidents of sexting have... (more »)
180 comments
voted
#2
Our Generation's Woodstock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The anniversary of the legendary music festival known as Woodstock seems to have passed without much more than a reminiscent remark or sigh by many in our parents' generation. But thanks to famed director Ang Lee's movie, “Taking Woodstock,”... (more »)
41 comments
voted
#3
LOL=D This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You've heard it before … that incessant clicking in the middle of the new hit box-office release. The beeping of buttons as you try to carry on a conversation. The snap of a cell phone as the person you are talking to mumbles an apology about... (more »)
39 comments
voted
#4
Reality TV This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
For once I'd like to watch a television show and see life as it actually plays out. Kids getting up before the sun rises without the help of parents, making their own breakfast, packing their own lunch, waking up younger siblings so parents could... (more »)
10 comments
voted
#5
The Cost of Counterfeiting This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
After spending hours browsing the Coach website, you're convinced you must own this season's latest handbag. If only there were a magical way to change the $250 price into $25. Then the idea of buying a knockoff pops into your head. With a few... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#6
Beauty vs. the Beast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
The beast preys greedily on a 15-year-old girl, showing no mercy. Physically and mentally, she deteriorates, fades, and weakens, but it cares only for her money. She surrenders to its unceasing trickery. At last, it devours the skeletal, exhausted... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#7
Teenage Goddess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wonder what it's like to be a Teenage Goddess. Maybe you have always been cute, bright, with beaming eyes mirroring the instant smiles and a cavalcade of comments on your beauty. It helps to have “pretty” as part of your description... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#8
It’s All in the Bag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I'm taking college classes now, and it's impossible not to notice the array of cameos, purses, satchels, and backpacks we students use for our item-carrying needs. You can really tell the character of a person by the quality of his bag. And... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#9
Plastic Perfection This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Her face looks remarkably like an eggplant with its deep purple hue. At first glance, one might guess she had been struck, but the damage is not a result of a beating. The pain she has endured is self-inflicted, and she believes it is for the... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#10
A Painful Obsession This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
How many times on television shows, in movies, or on the Internet have you seen someone suffering, being hurt, or murdered? Today in the U.S., entertainment has become obsessed with the pain of others. From reality TV to YouTube videos, people... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#11
Murderer! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I believe that eating Marshmallow Peeps is committing murder. Every year when Easter rolls around and people get out their baskets and their eggs, I attempt to buy out all the Marshmallow Peeps in every store. Why would I do this pointless and... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#12
An Epidemic of Stupidity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In this media-focused world, the things we see and hear in the movies, on TV, and on the radio influence us all. Some of these influences are benign or even beneficial to the forming minds of youth. But many others provide young people with... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#13
Don't Put a Ring On It This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Recently I was sitting shotgun in our family minivan, a position of power that comes with the added perk of being able to change the radio station. As I was contemplating my newfound power – we usually listen to ྌs hair metal, but now that... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#14
Revenge of the Mascots This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What happens the day Mickey Mouse finally cracks? When he grabs that little kid by the pants – the one who's been pulling his tail all day – and punts him down Main Street USA? Would the magic of Disney be lost forever? Probably. Parents would... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#15
How Important Is Beauty? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
It's common knowledge that we humans take our looks very seriously. Just watch an hour of TV and count the commercials for hair, skin, teeth, and nail products; make-up for every conceivable fold of facial skin; the South Beach, Atkins, Cookie,... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#16
The Wonderful World of Facebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What better way to stay connected with friends over the summer than an online social network? We've all put Myspace aside for the new and improved Facebook – obviously – but sometimes we just need a break from all our “friends.” That... (more »)
8 comments