Batman versus Iron Man | Teen Ink

Batman versus Iron Man

Technology mastermind or better known as Gotham’s covert superhero, Batman, opposes the Iron Man--a CEO of many businesses. Years ago when Bruce Wayne was a small child an unlawful act was put against him as both of his parents were shot by a low-activity criminal leaving Bruce an orphan. Wayne was forced to cope with the loss of his parents by himself seeing as how he was an only child. His butler agreed to raising him as his own in Bruce’s parents valuable mansion. Bruce was alone for most of his life training him for the secrets he had to keep as he got older and became Gotham’s well deserved hero, Batman. Batman would most definitely win a battle against Iron Man because of his peak human conditioning, unassailable determination, and his genius level intellect.

To begin with, Batman is at the peak of the human body physical limits. “Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11 and then intense physical training and weightlifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18”(Batman 1). This explains how much Batman went through to get his physical and mental strength. He went through excessive and heightened drills to obtain a muscular and agile body, and mentally prepared himself causing him to have almost improbable reflexes and coordination. “He engaged in an intensive regular regimen of rigorous exercise(including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat)to keep himself in peak condition, and has often defeated opponents whose size, strength, or other powers greatly exceeded his own”(Batman 1). This emphasizes that he toiled through endless routines of physical activity and mental training, determined to keep himself in shape. All of his drudgery paid off as he was physically and mentally stronger than most of his adversaries which helps in close combat.

Additionally, Batman has unquestionable will and determination. “This makes him able to function while tolerating massive amounts of physical pain, and also allows him to resist telepathy or mind control”(Batman 1). This illustrates that ever since his parents died Batman has become tenacious and strong-willed to catch international villains or home-town criminals. It has gotten to the point where his biggest ally is his own stubborn self. He is uncommonly mentally strong and can resist telepathy and or mind control, which is not common in the average human. “His willpower is strong enough to operate a Green Lantern Ring when necessary”(Batman 1). This shows that Green Lantern Rings only choose the most strong-willed and brave, and Batman turned out to be one of these people. Although he does not have full control over a Green Lantern Ring he can use it in the most desperate of times. This could definitely help in a frantic mission or battle.

Last but not least, his genius level intellect supports how far he would go in the battlefield. Batman is a brilliantly, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander; he is widely regarded as one of the keenest analytical minds on the planet”(Batman 2). This explains how he uses his shrewd, nimble mind to outwit his foes instead of outfighting them. The saying “Brain beats brawn” unquestionably describes how a normal fight for Batman would end. “Additionally, he has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography, & History. He also gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensic sciences, Computer Sciences, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 21. He gained even more degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25”(Batman 2). This shows that he studied a lot and all of degrees helped him save his city or any other city that needed saving. He has a lot of experience and is an old soul--meaning he is wise beyond his years. This almost guarantees a victory for Batman against anyone.

However, some argue that because he does not use as much technology as Tony Stark-- Iron Man--that he would not win in a battle. These opinionated individuals are mistaken, because Batman is knowledgeable in terms of martial arts. It may not seem like he would win because of Iron Man’s iron suit, but Batman studied Physics, Engineering and Technology so he would ponder and find a way to beat Iron Man. His sensibility when it comes to intimidation also helps him defeat his opponents. “‘Fear is an excellent motivator’ he once said”(Batman 1). Batman is known to intimidate his foes which could help him fend off Iron Man.

In conclusion, Batman could sum up all of the qualities that make him a hero to defeat Iron Man and other enemies easily. He would most likely become victorious in all of his battles because of these elements of his character. Batman’s existence alone states that you do not have to have supernatural abilities to be a hero.