Drones: Why They Should Be Allowed | Teen Ink

Drones: Why They Should Be Allowed

By rpv22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
rpv22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Drones are a highly debated topic and there are many reasons for and against them. Drones can be considered helpful, affordable, and easy-to-use fun. Alternatively, some people see them as dangerous and privacy invading cameras in the air. For example, you are a realtor, and you are not selling many properties. You buy a drone to get more interesting pictures. They are not only inviting, but also cheaper than the average package to use for aerial shots. All of a sudden, you start selling houses and get a lot more business. Sounds great, right? Here are some reasons why drones should be used and allowed in many households.

One reason why drones should be allowed is they are affordable and easy to operate. “Now, drones are available to the average consumer, offering low-cost fun and easy-to-use cameras,” stated Newsela, in “Drones are Fun, Drones are Popular, but Drones can also be Dangerous”. Drones are also improving, which can make drones even easier to use and more accessible to families with less income. “Some of their first drones were limited to about seven minutes of flight time, before the batteries had to be recharged. They could not fly more than 300 feet away. Now, they have drones that fly 50 miles per hour and can be controlled from over a mile away,” says Newsela, “More Farmers Are Using Drones to Help Tend Crops”. Drones are not hard to pay for, easy to use, and are still improving. That is a reason why drones should be allowed.

Drones are also very helpful. This is the main reason why drones should be used. “Zach Fiene can see exactly what parts of the field are struggling with plant disease, insects, or insufficient water. In a minute, he can gather as much information as someone walking for several hours,” declares Newsela, “More Farmers are Using Drones to Help Tend Crops”. Drones also get great quality footage. “No detail escapes the eye of the drone. It can capture images of homes reduced to matchsticks, buildings with blown-off fronts, and even roof tops that are missing just two or three shingles,” argued Newsela, “In Storm-ravaged Haiti, Drones Help Aid Get To Where Needed”. Not to mention what drones can do for retail, too. Drones help in many different jobs and should be a common use in the business world.

Another reason why drones should be allowed is because they are interesting and intriguing. This provides great help to the real-estate business. “The images (taken by a drone) have helped him create the ‘wow factor’ for his clients, Robert McArthur said,” claimed Newsela, “Technology is Up in the Air as Drones Help Some Realtors Sell Properties”. Drones are, in a way, like the Fitbit. They will help you do work and will also help you have a fun time doing it. Drones could possible change the way people see the world. Drones not only help do something, but make a fun time doing it.

Sure, drones can crash. Their small size makes drones hard to see and with untrained people flying them, they can be dangerous. Although, drones can be safe if people make them safe. “The Federal Aviation Administration states that flying drones is generally permitted as long as the pilots do not fly recklessly,” declares Newsela, “This Privacy Debate Could Drone On”. The FAA understands this, and sees that people can change how drones become less dangerous and have more helpful affects. It is not the drones that are dangerous, but it is the people who pilot them dangerously.

The argument of drones is a very complicated issue, and it just keeps going. Drones can be considered the antagonists of the air, but they do not need to be. Drones are safe if people make them safe. There are steps to take that can make drones safe, and people need to take them. In a possible scenario, if you do not trust someone with a drone, simply make boundaries for them. Still, they are powerful inventions that are helpful, affordable, easy to use, and intriguing. Drones should be available to the average household.