Ric Flair: The Greatest of All Time | Teen Ink

Ric Flair: The Greatest of All Time

By delusionaljosh BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California
delusionaljosh BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

Who's the most influential man in pop culture history? Ric Flair. When I was younger I did not appreciate things nearly as much as I do now, because kids don't really understand the value of the things and the people in their lives. But as I got older, I found an inspiration. My inspiration was and still is Ric Flair, even though Flair is a fictional wrestling character, from all the stories over the years, he lived his life exactly the way he said he did in his promos. For those who don't know, Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler of all time. He is a 22 time world heavyweight champion in many different sport entertainment companies including WWF, WCW, and NWA wrestling. He is also the only person to ever be inducted into the hall of fame twice.

He walks into a room with style, confidence, suave, and changes the atmosphere of everything around him because he is that type of person. Everyone respects him, and what he has done for the sport of professional wrestling. He's not afraid to tell you how he lives his life, how he's the greatest to ever do it, and how he can take anyone's wife. He has so many famous quotes that people still say til this day, from when he was in his prime nearly 30 years ago. He influenced wrestling majorly, but not just wrestling, pop culture as a whole. In 1998, Ric Flair was voted 2nd for the People's most beautiful person list. My favorite Roc a Flair quotes are, "Wooooo!" "I'm Ric Flair! The Stylin', profilin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss steal in' wheelin' dealin', son of a gun." "Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because I'm the best thing going." "If you're a man, you don't cry about it. You take life, the ups and downs, if you're a real man you never go down you just stay up. That's why I'm the world champion, that's why this sport cost 800 dollars, and your cost 200, and I don't know what that cost but I would be ashamed to wear it. That's why I wear lizard shoes, and a Rolex watch, and a limousine a mile long, with 25 women just dying for me to go Woooooo!" "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." "I'm every woman's dream, and every mans nightmare." "I've had more world championships, then you've had women." "My shoes are worth than your house."

Even though people may say wrestling is fake, Ric Flair was real. He changed my life, and his legacy will continue to change lives forever. Growing up I didn't have a father-figure or anyone to really look up to, so I looked up to Ric Flair. Find yourself a mentor, an inspiration, somebody that can inspire you to be happy and work hard for the best of everything.