An Epiphany of a Sister | Teen Ink

An Epiphany of a Sister

The story I will be sharing my thoughts on are based on Thai Insurance commercials. Yes, it may seem weird, but these commercials have been displaying inspiring, and touching stories that are pretty much well known enough to be heard throughout my island. This particular stories is about a sister who turns her life around. This may seem like a cliché story you probably relate to, not only it is from a different country, but the people's lifestyle contains a lot of hardship financial wise. As you continue reading this essay, you may want to watch it, for it is available for the world on YouTube.

The story that I will be sharing is about sisters. They were very close as children, but as they got older, they haven't been getting along. The older sister was a very person who never influenced her younger sister. The younger sister was quiet and not bad like her sister. Time went by and both sisters grew apart, yet still lives together. The younger sister later finds out that she has lung cancer. Time goes by and she starts losing hair, throwing up, and other obstacles cancer patients are supposed to overcome. The older sister had a sudden change in her life once she saw her younger sister dying. She takes care of her now, and even donated her hair so that her younger sister could have a wig. They became closer than ever for the sake of the younger sisters last moments alive.

This story made me think of my older sister, who moved off island when I was young. No, we didn’t have anything against each other, but I wish she could see me grow and become and independent young woman. Watching this commercial would make you see a different perspective. It made me realize that I am not as close as my sister. It has made me feel something that I've never felt, and it got me thinking a lot of what other things I could unlock in my inner self. Having a sister is like having a best friend who would always be there u till the end. People who even have sister should be lucky to have someone you share your life with.