I Steal | Teen Ink

I Steal

I steal. It is what I do and what I’ve always done. It is what I will keep doing until the day is gone. Your time, your money, your happiness are now just dust, I am the vacuum. I must consume your being to remain in existence.
You don’t realize it now, but you will soon enough. No matter what you do, I will always cost you. In replacing me, you bring more grief upon yourself. Grief will eat at the corners of your soul until you give in. You will always succumb to my wishes. Pay up or pay the price of losing your sanity.

I know who you are and you know who I am. At least, you think you know who I am. I am the knots in your hair, the pain in your neck, the reason you get out of bed at noon but stay up until three a.m.

Who am I, you may ask? I am the creature living off of attention, the hunk of metal in your pocket.

Yes, I am that dreaded phone with all your evil desires, like your music, your games more addictive than any drug ever thought of by science. I dare you to play the games, pay for the games, get angry with the games, the break me, and pay for me. I am the face of evil; I can devour your being, if you let me.

inspired by a prompt from English class that required the first sentence to be "I steal."

Mandy77 BRONZE said...
Mandy77 BRONZE, Buffalo, New York

"It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together than it does to fall apart." -Finnick Odair (from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay)

Sorry. I just wanted to try something different. Thanks for the feedback.

Apatheseus said...
on Apr. 7 2015 at 8:43 am
Apatheseus, Grandville, Michigan
When did science become a sentient being? Is there a mini Richard Dawkins inside every science article, and every textbook page as well?