The Online Parallel Universe | Teen Ink

The Online Parallel Universe

March 29, 2015
By Anonymous

We all have things that we want to do but we can’t for whatever reasons. Sometimes it’s the society that refuses the things that you want and consider them immoral or stupid. Other times it’s just your own incapability of doing or getting those things. Whatever the reasons for not getting them the result is the same, we keep having an undying desire for those things. So people try to get all the things they wanted in a parallel universe.

The virtual online worlds are the parallel universe I’m talking about. I have tried some myself and to be honest I really enjoyed the experience. Whether it’s for teens or adults they are real fun to play. I mean you get to meet new people, be open, speak your mind and do whatever you want to do. No one is judging, or blaming you…isn’t that what everybody wants?

Maybe that why those games have expanded greatly in the past few years. They attract different people of different ages… not just teens. It’s a way of living your dream, a way of being whatever you want to be no matter what. You can be a rich decent person or a complete pervert, you can live all you sexual fantasies…it’s all up to you.

I’m not saying that they are bad or good…they are what they are. However, the question is: is it really okay to keep fantasizing about what you want and never take a step forward to achieve it?...Remember that the online parallel universe is not the real thing.