The Online Parallel Universe | Teen Ink

The Online Parallel Universe

We all have things that we want to do but we can’t for whatever reasons. Sometimes it’s the society that refuses the things that you want and consider them immoral or stupid. Other times it’s just your own incapability of doing or getting those things. Whatever the reasons for not getting them the result is the same, we keep having an undying desire for those things. So people try to get all the things they wanted in a parallel universe.

The virtual online worlds are the parallel universe I’m talking about. I have tried some myself and to be honest I really enjoyed the experience. Whether it’s for teens or adults they are real fun to play. I mean you get to meet new people, be open, speak your mind and do whatever you want to do. No one is judging, or blaming you…isn’t that what everybody wants?

Maybe that why those games have expanded greatly in the past few years. They attract different people of different ages… not just teens. It’s a way of living your dream, a way of being whatever you want to be no matter what. You can be a rich decent person or a complete pervert, you can live all you sexual fantasies…it’s all up to you.

I’m not saying that they are bad or good…they are what they are. However, the question is: is it really okay to keep fantasizing about what you want and never take a step forward to achieve it?...Remember that the online parallel universe is not the real thing.

on Aug. 19 2016 at 8:41 am
MediWitch BRONZE, Alexandria, Other

"Life is too short to be whatever anyone else wants you to be"
YOLO

I didn't say they were bad or good, I'm simply stating my opinion. Which is simply why use a virtual world when you can take real actions in the real world that would have a real consequences!!

Crl29 said...
on Apr. 11 2015 at 8:16 pm
I don't really know but i dont believe that virtual worlds are bad, you meet new new people from all over the world i mean isnt that something and also youre free to use it whatever the way you like whats wrong with people living their dreams through it. Society refuses so many things that we need to do so whats wrong in living the dream. mean if youre gay or lesbian or whatever and the society doesn like it and youre still not ready to show it then you can do it in the vitual world were people wont judge you!!!