Tumblr Girls and The Art of Deception | Teen Ink

Tumblr Girls and The Art of Deception

By ChaoticRebel BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
ChaoticRebel BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage......
Unless you're afraid."

A flawless sun-kissed complexion , a full bright coloured pout , hair cascading down in soft waves, perfectly arched eyebrows, smokey piercing eyes,  skinny figures and fancy manicures i.e deception in pretty packaging.
By that, I mean tumblr girls.

Don't get me wrong ...I absolutely love them.... But  not what they do to a real girl's confidence.
Wearing oversized glasses and holding a heavy book doesn't make one a "nerd" nor does fooling around with a gaming console in itsy -bitsy shorts  make anybody a "gamer girl" .

Let's be real. Shall we?
Let's talk about you're average tumblr girl and what  she's capable of. She is magically endowed with the power of waking up with dewy skin, rosy cheeks, mascara coated thick eyelashes, a pastel coloured pout and hair "messed up" to perfection...#just got up!

Waking up with all that ..quite insurmountable.  Firstly no one can wake up with that much of makeup on and be so optimistic about life. So , all you ladies out there who envy them . Don't . They're just about as grouchy as us in the mornings , except  they're real sneaky. That picture with a perfect girl with a cup of coffee in bed that's stealing your pride is deception.

Coming over to "Messy hair". Tumblr has a whole new definition of messy hair . To you and me, messy hair is a socially acceptable word for the harsh , unforgiving and ruthless BAD HAIR DAY. But, apparently to these girls "embracing messy hair" means embracing the result of a bunch of fancy hair products and and an hour of remarkable work of curling irons . Their so called  "messy hair" is just perfect hair . Don't be fooled . Such pictures just scream "LOOK AT ME  .My hair looks so gorgeous even when it's messed up! And I am the smartest person ever because you'd never know I spent hours trying to set it up!' .....real smart aleck.

"#Nomakeup!" and "#nofilter" are acts of bravery and sacrifice,worthy of being honoured with a purple heart ... Considering that faces are filtered till they're a white glowing patch of pretty and makeup is in integral part of their arsenal.  Don't like your nose? No problem! Filter it away!

Their zero sized figures don't do much for my confidence either...

Coming to their nails.....Unrealistically long, fake( I mean it literally...fake nails) and perfectly painted and manicured .For , this I must gape in awe.. As I wouldn't last a minute in such nails. How is one supposed to eat a chicken wing with those long thingamajigs hanging around?

The effects of these girls on the average "jeans and converse" girl who is determined to shed off that extra pound , yet inevitably ends up barfing down jars of nutella and cheesy pizzas is quite negative. Their confidence goes plummeting down beneath the floor every time they see such a selfie. So all you real girls out there...remember , an original is worth ten times a copy .

This article was inspired by the numerous rants echoing through my already chaotic brain every time I see a tumblr girl. I hope to get a "That's so true!" out of everyone who reads this...and a few praises couldn't hurt. 

The real purpose of this article is simply to love yourself the way you are and accept all your perfect imperfections.

Noctiluca GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2015 at 7:38 am
Noctiluca GOLD, Hyderabad, Other

"While some seek to find themselves, I shall seek to create myself."

Good one! I can surely relate.The simple "jeans and converse" girls are actually way prettier than they think they are cause they ain't got like 20 pounds of concealer on their face and don't need a regular feed of makeup on their face to look pretty.