Unstoppable, Unbreakable, and My Mother | Teen Ink

Unstoppable, Unbreakable, and My Mother

By Bryce Swanson BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
Bryce Swanson BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois

It is early in the morning I lay in bed not wanting to go to my practice.nI here my mom who is trying to get me up say “You may be tired, beatdown, and not want to keep moving forward, but you have to get it done and over with it now and there will be a brighter future ahead.” every time I hear her say that it helps me push through what ever I am having troubles with. My mother seems to live by that too she has always had situations that have probably gotten her close to quitting and not wanting to push through it, but everytime she always keeps going. I am constantly amazed by this and by how she is hardworking, determined, and always seems to put others before herself.

Ever since I could remember my mom has always been one of the most hard working human beings in my life. Before she had a kid or I knew her, when she was a kid she had a harder time learning new information or would take about twice as long as a regular kid would, but because her character is so hardworking she took that extra time and tried as hard as she could and she kept up with those other kids, and if it meant she had to work extra hard she would work extra hard. She has continued to work had through her life as even today no matter what job whether it was when she was working at Johnson Controls or at Old Navy she had she always does her best no matter the situation or pay. Sometimes she will come home sore and hurt because every day she gives everything she has working as hard as she can because she knows that if she does it now she will benefit from it in the future.

Not only has my mom always been hard working, but one of her strongest traits is how determined she can be when she sets out on something. At 19 years old having a child is difficult and stressful. My mom had to go through that had to sacrifice having fun and enjoying her early adult years because she was determined that she would raise me, and make sure this child gets a happy life that she would build. No one would be able to do something this difficult if they didn't have the determination and ambition she did because she knows that sometimes you have to grow up and set yourself to something and not stop till you get what you set out to achieve. Even when something such as losing a job 5 years ago when I was 10 didn't stop her. With 2 children (me and my sister), not having another person to help her because she had broken up with my father when I was 2, and no job some people might give up and try to look for someone else to solve and fix their problems. Not my mother who set out to make sure she could spend time with her children make them happy all while continually searching for a job. Her determination never seemed to die and she got through another barrier in her way.

Me and my younger sister have always been prepared for the future as well always happy and have never been let down by my mother because my mother never fails to put others futures and others happiness before herself’s. She always does her best to make sure everyone around her is happy and have what they want or need even if that means she doesn't always get to be the happiness person or always get what she needs. This part of her is one of the traits that I have always seen in my mother ever since I could remember. I remember during the christmas when she didn't have a job and we were not exactly prospering she found a way, and like magic she did in fact some how make that christmas one of our happiest she was able to get me and my sister what we wanted. Now me and my sister both said we would be fine without anything that christmas, but my mother again made sure the people close to her were always happy and she never fails succeed at it. She has just so many examples of being able to make people happy no matter to what extent she has to work like how even now she works extra hard to make sure me and my sister can do activities like sports and camps. Now she could be out with her friends or spending time with her boy friend, but all she is focused on is making people happy and making sure everyone is satisfied before she even thinks about doing something for herself. She has always had this trait, and it amazes me like no other because for someone to care for others happiness before themselves is rare these days even at all.

No matter the challenge or the situation that was in her way, and when she was tired, beat down, and ready to give up she lifted herself up with that determination and using that hard work she pushed through all of it giving it all and made sure people around her were happy. She continually amazes me and has impacted my life to an enormous amount because she always gives me that inspiration and her advice sits there like a little angel on my shoulder that helps me get through anything. She has something special and rare that makes her such a great person. Everyday she gets through another challenge no matter what because she knows you may be tired, beatdown, and not want to keep moving forward but you have to get it done and over with it now because there is a brighter future ahead, and my mother is getting to that brighter future.