Electronic Simulation to the Brain Making a Difference | Teen Ink

Electronic Simulation to the Brain Making a Difference

November 27, 2014
By Victor phou BRONZE, Cranston, Rhode Island
Victor phou BRONZE, Cranston, Rhode Island
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In our entire life, we have played some sort of  video game that involves others whether they are cooperative games with the family or online video games with random strangers. We all had moments where we want to strangle someone for cheating to win. Overall, we just have fun, but is the fun worth it?  Many have argued that video games are ruining our generations and the future of our nation. They think it is a waste of time that could be used for studying or being more social. I disagree, speaking from a person who has played video games their entire life. In our age where modern technology is part of our daily lives, online gaming creates this hub of meeting and talking to new people that we could possibly befriend them. Video games are essentials to our lives whether they are mediocre or as a job, but it help us maintain healthy lifestyles, and improve our lives beyond what we can comprehend.


Video games help us maintain healthy relationships among friends and family when played together or against each others. We have seen games where we work together in solving a puzzle to proceed. This enhances our skills of building human relationships to which we can use in the future to help others in trouble. At the same time, they can create rivalries where it promotes competitions and challenges for ourselves. It is important to always challenge ourselves to prepare for the worst in the future and maintain goals. Some may argue that this kind of action would create violence and crimes from the losers. That may be true, but that would only apply to criminals or people who have problems in controlling their anger. In my entire lifetime, I have not punch any of my friends or family for losing hundreds of times, we just shake it off and laugh, as long as we have fun. Enjoying ourselves is very important to relieve stress and is another form of entertainment. Saying that video games are bad is the same as binging on Netflix is terrible for our health.


Not only do video games help us, but they also teach us about behaviors and cognitive skills. Some games are specialized in teaching history with a twist such as the Assassin Creed series. They put you through the eyes of a person in different eras and what the lifestyles back then including historical facts. While absorbing the knowledge from the games, we can analyze further and learn a lot about how video games are connected with storytelling and creative writing. Some games have interesting storylines and plots to it that we can learn to incorporate these ideas into creating our own stories. This will open up our creativity and help us visualize and see everyday things differently. Some games also help us with hand eye coordination such as first person shooters. Some people would assume that all that free time could be spent studying, but is our lives all about studying? No, we need to take breaks from time to time and studying too much would could lead to mental disorders in which video games help cure.


Video games are magical creations from people that help us maintain healthy lifestyles and learn new things as we indulge ourselves in the world of gaming. We can see that video games will help us a lot that it is sometimes better to pick up a controller and start shooting people to relieve anger and stress. Not only does it help adults, but this can also implies to children to ensure a successful future for them. It will help them understand the world and learn a lot of tricks and tips. Video games should not be limited in any forms and will help us create a better future and nation for everyone.