2 B or Not to B Great | Teen Ink

2 B or Not to B Great

September 27, 2014
By Anonymous

9/26/14

Dear Literary Canon Board of Directors,

I am writing this letter because, I believe that The Fault In Our Stars  should become a classic book.

The first reason I believe The Fault In Our Stars should be included in the literary canon is because, of the relevance in the story. Many people can relate to the story. An example is losing a loved one to cancer. Many people in the world has either lost a loved one or even has watched a love one fight through kemo or radiation and beat cancer.

The second reason is this book represents strong characters. Fighting cancer, watching a loved one go through life with the struggle or cancer, never giving up on someone who has cancer. Hazel’s parents stuck through thick and thin with Hazel. They never gave up on her no matter how hard it was for them.

The final reason is because, the characters are very brave. Isaac took the risk to become fully blind just to be cancer free. Augustus Waters took the risk to fall in love with Hazel even though he knew he was dying. Hazel taking the risk to go all the way to Amsterdam after her lungs filled up with liquids knowing there was a risk of dying in the process of going. 

As you can see, The Fault In Our Stars is deserving of the literary canon because, this cook goes to show that nobody’s life is perfect and no matter who you are or what is wrong with you, you are worthily of living and too never give up on your dreams.

I hope that you will consider this choice for the literary canon. Thank you very much.

 

Sincerely,

Kori K.