Girls "Perfect Bodies" | Teen Ink

Girls "Perfect Bodies"

July 15, 2014
By jaimec4444 BRONZE, Delhi, California
jaimec4444 BRONZE, Delhi, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Advertisements all around the world with girls “perfect bodies” on it. Even advertisements are trying to show the importance of having a “perfect body.” I think that this is very wrong because everybody is different. Not every girl is going to have a “perfect body.” Girls sometimes have bad thoughts and some are suicidal because of the pressure of having a “perfect body.” Girls are pressured to lose weight and they are sometimes even made fun of because of being overweight. Sometimes it’s not the girl’s fault if she is overweight because it could be that her parents are overweight and they made her eat a lot of food and maybe even junk food. Advertisements are for products thats why they shouldn't advertise on losing weight.

According to The New York Times, these types of advertisements are on subways and busses. Some of the advertisements have pictures of girls from different races and quotes saying, “I’m beautiful the way I am.” This is a kind of motivational ad because it gives the message that no one is perfect and that everybody should be happy with what they have. Ads are a huge deal because lots of people see them. They should have good things like the one about loving your body the way it is, not like the one about having to lose weight.