Christmas Special! | Teen Ink

Christmas Special!

By ainzulaikha PLATINUM, Johor, Other
ainzulaikha PLATINUM, Johor, Other

It was just a lonely night; my boyfriend and I were strolling down the cold snowy park, towards a Christmas tree lot. As we were walking towards it, a girl, wearing an elf costume, came towards us. She asked if we were there to buy a tree. We nodded in agreement and followed the little elf-ling. Just as we were continuing, I slipped on the slippery pavement, been catch by my lover and just stared into each other’s eyes. But not long after that, he slipped and we both went down, falling on our back. After we helped each other to get up, I couldn’t resist and started to laugh. He laughed with me as well and walked carefully to the lot.

At the lot, another laughing matter came at hand. The lot’s ground was slipperier than the last one and most of the customers fell. We had to tiptoe to a tree but fell on the ground, just like the others. Right after the little elf-ling came helping her customers up, we realized that she was wearing ice-skates. We giggled and then, went on choosing a tree we would like in our house.

Just after buying a perfect tree, we dragged it along back to our house, avoiding the last pavement but went slipping right into the frozen lake. I tried best to stand up, but it was no use at all. The skaters, who were having fun, started helping and dragged us, who were dragging a tree, to the side of the lake.

After we got out from that place, there was a little gift store, selling mostly Christmas-y toys and decorations. We looked at it in awe and decided to go in. In the beautiful store full of shimmering lights, my boyfriend came to me, holding a long little box and a box of chocolates, decorated with red roses. I told him it was a lovely present and gave him a little kiss on his cold cheeks. He asked me if I want something, so I travelled deeper into the store looking for great decorations.

At the end of the store, was a shelf, filled to the top with beautiful ornaments and gift boxes. My boyfriend bought a box of pretty lights and other decorations. I was looking around; telling him what would look great in our house when I reached to this little ornament. This little thing let out the lights in my heart as I grab hold of it. It was just a turtle-dove, well, two turtle-doves, with a little heart to decorate their wings. I didn’t know why I chose it but it was just so pretty beyond others.

Back home, after my roommates and I baked delicious food, we went to help out our boys, who were having a lot of fun decorating, or more like goofing around, the tree. We tried our best not to mock about their work but it was a bit useless. Right after a few minutes of girl-torture, the boys let us help and the work finished faster. Then, we had this little game of ‘whose ornaments the best’ and believe me, there will be no end of the arguing. The first ornament was a big heart-shape ornament with ‘My perfect day’ written beautifully on it. The second were a big blue and a big red kiss-shaped ornament with the strings decorated with hearts. Then, came ours. It wasn’t much, but it looked pretty great with another ornament our roommate leader, as we call her, that looked exactly like a ballerina pirouetting.

After decorating most of the living room, and hanging our beautifully decorated socks by the chimney, we ate our delicious food and shared jokes, scary stories and a lot of other fun activities that we bonded together. The night felt like it won’t disappear as all of us went out, with ice-skates, playing on the lake my boyfriend and I slipped on earlier that day.
The night was just as magical as every Christmas night and eventually, that night was when our three boys asked the tree of us girls, on the same night, ‘will you marry me?’ romantically. We three were screaming like there’s no tomorrow. But in the end, we said yes, and that was one of the greatest nights I could never ever, ever forget.