The Two Sides of India | Teen Ink

The Two Sides of India

By ChilledFire GOLD, Coimbatore, Other
ChilledFire GOLD, Coimbatore, Other

Friendship and happiness are inter-related: There can't be one without the other.

India, a mystical country , as diverse as the ecosystem of the Earth, as glorious as the myths and legends that traverse it, this India is also very similiar in many ways to the countries.
For nstance, poverty is a major setback here as in other developing or non developed countries. There are people squatting outside to face the call of nature , there are slums right next to metropolitan cities, there are immoralities being committed everyday either against women , or girls or other minor communities.

In contrast, the hit cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi and so on have high rise buildings, skyscrapers and mega action entertainment centres to satiate the pleasures of any visiting tourist.

Then there is the food. On the beautiful side, there are delicious dishes prepared by the finest chefs in five-star hotels, ranging from spicy gobi manchurian( marinated cauliflower, deep fried) , to fluffy naans( flatbreads), to sweets of all shapes, sizes and colours. On the crestfallen side of he story,some children in government schools die of food poisoning due to unhygienic and inappropriate methods of preparing food.

There are people who suffer from overwork, or bonded labour, whereas some people are educated but live in unemployment.

There are two sides to every country and it is definetely best to describe both sides, to actually show the real side of the story. I love India. But some aspects of it remain unstable in my mind.

I hope people will realize how important it is to know both sides of a story before judging it too quickly.