My Venting | Teen Ink

My Venting

By Jessica Posovich SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
Jessica Posovich SILVER, Centerville, Iowa

I WANT TO TAKE THOSE GAMES AND SHOVE THEM WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE!

I want to burn them as he watches from a safe distance. I think any typical girl can understand where I am coming from. Every guy has that addiction. Typically it's something like video games and not the cool video games, the ones you pretend to like when you first start dating because he's cute.

But after a couple months of dating you want to shove that play station out the window. He tells you to come over and what is he doing? Trying to see how many people he can kill on a tv screen.

“I'll be done in a minute babe.” 45 minutes later...”ok, I'm done.” Don't say you haven't
considered taking a sleg hammer to that Playstation. I wonder how many guys would marry their
gaming systems if they if it weren't frowned upon by society but I bet it has happened. Another thing that annoys me is when you are having a nice conversation over the phone and all of a sudden you he says “guess what I did today?”

So you curiously ask what he did and...”I BEAT LEVEL 14!”...”-_- cool”... I think the parents
are to blame. What happened to good old fashioned games like Hungry Hungry Hippo? Do you feel
better buying your child a $400 game system starting their never ending addiction?! That's like telling them to go play in the street, never mind the street is safer, Don't endorse this you can end it before it begins!!

Their friends arn't much help either. They act like it's cool. Honestly, it's like the only thing they

talk about when they are together. I usually sleep when they do this. If they put half as much effort into

school as they do in video games they would be geniuses.

I've tried helping by hiding his favorite game while he's in the bathroom but he always seems to find it. I'm thinking about writing a letter to the government about this problem. They are creating murders in these games. Some books have killing in them. Why don't they just read? Maybe deep down inside they don't actually enjoy the games, pure pressure just tells them to like them.

Every time I try and talk to my boyfriend about his deadly addiction he reply with some nonsense about how I'm addicted to shoes or clothes. Those things are necessities, you need them to live! Staring at a screen for 4 hours can't be healthy for your eyes. You could go blind by age 35!

I've tried the silent treatment but it never works. You know the first thing he does? Turn on that stupid game. I've always considered an ultimatum , unfortunately I feel as thou I wouldn't like the choose he would make. I might just kill. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. I've always heard the best way to beat them is join them. That's it. I'll become a master at the game! No body like games they always lose. He'll get so sick of it he'll never play again. I am I willing to go against my morals and pure hatred of the game? It's sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Some guys excuse for their addiction is that the are going to make a career out of it. Seriously?

People who DESIGN video games make lots of money. Do you know why? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU KEEP BUYING THEM! You aren't going to make money sitting on your butt destroying digital items. I'm thinking about publishing this rant. To all the gamer girls, beginning boyfriends, and parents, you're welcome. I hope I save you many hours of your life.