Spring 2013 Fashion: 50 Shades of Grey | Teen Ink

Spring 2013 Fashion: 50 Shades of Grey

May 22, 2013
By ckbong42 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
ckbong42 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In spring 2013, the latest fashion trend is all about the basics. After a fall full of bright colors with bejeweled accents, it’s back to mostly black and whites. In addition, many designers are going with more solids and less patterns.

MaryClaire.com says, “Some may refer to this as the 50 Shades of Grey trend.”
Whether it’s from the bestselling book or the abundance of black, whites, and grays, this is an appropriate nickname for spring 2013.
In the last few months, different runways such as BCBG Max Azria, Marc Jacobs, and Ralph Lauren have toned down the dramatic colors and are featuring “50 Shades of Grey” fashion items instead.
Along with new color schemes, there are also new spring styles. Instead of tight pencil dresses, the new styles are more casual flowing, knee-length ones. Another style is the loose long dresses, normally full length. These are typically cotton ones and swimsuit cover ups, or fancier and worn out to a dinner.
As for shorts, just like in the 70’s, the high-waisted shorts are the most popular. These are seen with bandeaus, crop tops, or different styles which are mostly seen tucked in.
According to WonderWall.com, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Lopez, and Kendall and Kylie Jenner have all been seen various times making these high-waisted shorts their very own trend.
Overall, this season is about more basic colors, unlike in the fall, and is filled with looser fitting clothes.