iPhone 5 | Teen Ink

iPhone 5

January 18, 2013
By laurel.ruesch SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
laurel.ruesch SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Late this September, Apple introduced the newest model in it's iPhone lineup; the long-awaited iPhone 5. The phone was available for pre-order on September 18th and will be in Apple, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint stores on September 21st.

While the iPhone 4S release in 2011pleased customers with the new Siri voice feature, the iPhone 5 is widely regarded at the one “we’ve all been waiting for.”

The new iPhone, according to Apple, is “completely rebuilt.” The phone is both longer and thinner than previous iPhones and moves the headphone jack from its previous location at the top of the phone near the sleep button, to the bottom near the speakers.

In terms of changes to the speed of the phone, iPhone 5 offers 4G LTE and a faster A6 processor. The newest operating system, iOS 6, brings the long awaited turn-by-turn directions.

iOS 6 also brings a more intelligent Siri, Passbook, a new app that keeps track of gift cards, boarding passes, and tickets, and the ability to use FaceTime without a Wi-Fi network.

Even though Apple’s newest innovation is longer and has a bigger screen, it’s the lightest iPhone ever.
Despite all these innovative changes, there is one change that customers aren’t sure about. The new lightening connecter, with fewer pins than previous connectors, causes some apprehension among the public. Many people own electronics that work with only the previous connector, and will have to purchase an adaptor so that the new iPhone will work with them.
The newest iPhone is available at AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint for $199 (16 G), $299 (24 GB), or $399 (64 GB).
All and all, the iPhone 5 has been met with anticipation and excitement. With major improvements over other models, the iPhone 5 is going to be hard to beat!