Just Paint Them On | Teen Ink

Just Paint Them On

By 122494 BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado
122494 BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado

In today’s youth there are terrible events occurring, events that could easily ruin our lives and our world. All the fashion magazines demonstrate the motivation to keeping these trends alive, yet it could be what is killing us. Each time a young lady/man lays down on his/her bed and wiggles strategically into a pair of skinny jeans their life span is shortened. I am here today to express to my peers why wearing skinny jeans will bring the end of our generation, and possibly future generations if not stopped.

This trend has taken over our generation. Not only do women wear them but men as well. Skinny jeans are like African neck rings for your legs, that cannot be healthy. According to an article put out on July 15, 2012 by redobrit.com skinny jeans can cause lower sperm count, urinary tract infections, abdominal discomfort, heartburn, and “twisted testicle” which is a loss of blood supply to the testicles, often resulting in castration. However, skinny jeans are harmful to women as well, the article also says that women can contract yeast infections and both sexes can suffer from nerve compression resulting in loss of sensation in the thighs. This all goes to show that skinny jeans are extremely restrictive; in all honesty painting your pants on in the morning would be a much better alternative. If the skinny jean epidemic is not stopped soon the majority of men will be wearing skinny jeans. As stated by the article, skinny jeans lead to lower sperm counts, and loss of testicles. Not to get too biological, but sperm equals babies; therefore, if there is a lower sperm count in men, or none at all, there will be no more reproduction. Sure, there will always be those men who strive to go against the flow and wear sweat pants instead, but face it; they will not be the next generation of sperm donors, if you know what I mean.

All in all, if this trend is not stopped soon, we will have no more men to reproduce. This trend will not only be the end of our generation but the end of all generations to come as well. So if you think that having tingly thighs is awesome, then more power to you. But in the end, skinny jeans are a danger to our lives and our future.