The Art of Chaos | Teen Ink

The Art of Chaos

By Lauren818 SILVER, Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Lauren818 SILVER, Sagamore Hills, Ohio

Pay attention to the ordinary momenets. Open your eyes. Because you never know when something ordinary becomes extraordinary. Because the moments that take your breathe away are the moments that save your life

Some well-known German brainiac said that "everything should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler." I tend to disagree with the first part.

As Albert Einstein most likely knew from experience, you're rarely going to partake in situations with that much transparency. Life is messy. But that's also the intriguing part. Without some kind of provocation barricading the route to the objective, what makes you a far cry from anyone else with a similar aim (cue Miley Cyrus' "The Climb)?

If everything really were "made as simple as possible", Einstein might not have been credited with the discovery of the theory of relativity and the mass energy equivalence. Nope - it might've been the pig-tailed farm girl and her dog running down the yellow brick road to Oz that said E = MC^2.

Now I know what you're probably thinking - 'Who is she to judge the smartest man in the world?'. And you're absolutely right. It's not that I intended to criticize the father of modern physics when I started writing this post. On the contrary. I have the upmost respect for anyone with that kind of intellect (because God knows how atrocious my math skills are).

My point is that I thoroughly believe that the more pretentious that yellow brick road is, the more we appreciate things when they finally are as simple as child's play. Life shouldn't always be that unvarnished - we need a little chaos to spice things up a bit. If things never went disproportionate, I doubt much of anyone would appreciate anything as much when all is right in the world.