Polka Dot Trend | Teen Ink

Polka Dot Trend

By Nicole Okoroji BRONZE, Richmond, Texas
Nicole Okoroji BRONZE, Richmond, Texas

It’s that time of the year again! Polka dots are a must have for spring fashion. Polka dots have matured throughout the Minnie Mouse days! Dots are now a fashion statement; you can see high profile designers incorporate polka dots on their pieces it’s now an accessory everyone should have in their closet. Spots have been spiraling out of control on a handful of celebrities; including Olivia Wilde when she wore this high-necked Gucci gown to the premiere of Cowboys and Aliens. Also Portia Freeman faded out in this spotty blouse, which she paired with tight jeans, boots and a fierce red lip at a Dolce & Gabbana party. Polka dot prints are very intriguing and lady like look. Its eye catching and looks sophisticated.

This trend is easy to achieve just stick to one polka dotted piece at a time and you will look fine! For younger woman choose color polka dotted prints, to give you that mismatched look and it will give you a fresh, stylish look. For older woman go for a more black, beige, navy dotted color to look more sophisticated and chic. For shoes you can pair them up with cute print pumps or wedges and a clutch bag, to spice up the outfit. When wearing spots try keeping accessory simple, you don’t want to overdo it! The main focus should be on simple jewelry like a gold or silver cuff or a statement necklace. Any woman can wear and look great in polka dots you just need to know how to match your outfits and keep accessories simple and you will be good to go! However you choose to wear polka dots this spring season, the key is to have fun, be playful, sophisticated and chic.

My English teacher encouraged us Seniors to write a piece to try and get it published. I wrote about Fashion Trends that our hot for 2012. I've seen many woman and young woman and also many celebrities wearing Polka Dots so i decided to write about this trend going on!