Hunger Games vs. Twilight | Teen Ink

Hunger Games vs. Twilight

April 5, 2012
By DaughterofPoseidon GOLD, West Seneca, New York
DaughterofPoseidon GOLD, West Seneca, New York
13 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Music is the air we breathe."-Molly Berger


There has been recent arguments about whether or not "The Hunger Games" is anything like "Twilight". I'm here to tell you that those accusations are wrong. "The Hunger Games" is nothing like "Twilight". For one thing, the 'love triangle' in "The Hunger Games" isn't a love triangle. Someone who had read the book would have known that even though Katniss had feelings for both Gale and Peeta, she did not know what those feelings were. The series is also not surrounded by this 'love triangle', unlike in "Twilight" where the story was based around Bella as she tried to decide between life with a 'werewolf' and life with a 'vampire'.
Furthermore, the plot lines of the stories are completely different. While Bella struggled to remain in a relationship with the sparkling vampire Edward, Katniss struggled to keep her family alive and safe in the post-apocalyptic country of Panem, once known as the United States of America. As you can see, these plot lines share no similarities, except for the conflicting feelings that Katniss shares with Peeta and Gale, and the conflicting feelings Bella has for Jacob and Edward. Which, as I have previously explained, really don't have anything in common.

As for the 'teams' that have been formed, you also see 'teams' when it comes to "Harry Potter" and "Percy Jackson". Therefore, that connection really cannot be made.

You may agree with me on this, or you may not, and that's just fine. I just hope you have opened new eyes to this so-called "competition" between "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight".