Hunger Games vs. Twilight

There has been recent arguments about whether or not "The Hunger Games" is anything like "Twilight". I'm here to tell you that those accusations are wrong. "The Hunger Games" is nothing like "Twilight". For one thing, the 'love triangle' in "The Hunger Games" isn't a love triangle. Someone who had read the book would have known that even though Katniss had feelings for both Gale and Peeta, she did not know what those feelings were. The series is also not surrounded by this 'love triangle', unlike in "Twilight" where the story was based around Bella as she tried to decide between life with a 'werewolf' and life with a 'vampire'.
Furthermore, the plot lines of the stories are completely different. While Bella struggled to remain in a relationship with the sparkling vampire Edward, Katniss struggled to keep her family alive and safe in the post-apocalyptic country of Panem, once known as the United States of America. As you can see, these plot lines share no similarities, except for the conflicting feelings that Katniss shares with Peeta and Gale, and the conflicting feelings Bella has for Jacob and Edward. Which, as I have previously explained, really don't have anything in common.

As for the 'teams' that have been formed, you also see 'teams' when it comes to "Harry Potter" and "Percy Jackson". Therefore, that connection really cannot be made.

You may agree with me on this, or you may not, and that's just fine. I just hope you have opened new eyes to this so-called "competition" between "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight".

monterogirl said...
I beileve that  twilight and hunger games have things in common such as fear, love and dominating dictators. katniss lives in fear of the capitol and surving the games, while bella fears of the valtori finding her unchanged in twilight and new moon and then in breaking dawn she's fears for the safety of her daughter and the members, they also share the conflicting love. katniss tries to figure out how to love peeta the way he love's her and tries to express the love she has for gale... (more »)

JessicaRae7 said...
You know I agree 100% on this. :)