Beauty | Teen Ink

Beauty

March 20, 2012
By brigidm03 SILVER, Hinsdale, Illinois
brigidm03 SILVER, Hinsdale, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

In today’s society, a beautiful person is one who gets plastic surgery to achieve the perfect body shape. The person who doesn’t eat so that they remain skinny, and unhealthy. They dye their hair and tan their skin, damaging it for life. They plaster on makeup everyday, covering up their face. With these expectations, no one can achieve beauty.


Beauty is not always portrayed on the outside. Beauty is within everyone, but few people know it. Those who know that they are beautiful show it. They have confidence. Although not everyone can have perfect hair or skin, their true beauty will shine once they realize that they have it.


Beauty is not only in people, but in nature. The leaves of an autumn tree may appear beautiful to some, but not all. A sunset may be seen as a magically way to end a day or as ugly streaks of light keeping people awake. Everything in the world is beautiful to at least one person.


Everyone’s opinion of beauty is different. No two people will think the same exact thing about everything. In one person’s point of view, a celebrity may be the prettiest person they ever saw, but to another, they might be hideous. Their is no definition to beauty, it all depends on the person.


Beauty takes work. Beauty has become superficial, requiring makeup and the cutest, most expensive clothes. People are judged by their appearance, so people are working harder to look beautiful. The gorgeous celebrities that seem flawless put in a lot of time and effort to look that way. They go to the gym and eat healthy. Many people are blessed with beautiful hair or skin, but others have to work for it.


Everyone is blessed with beauty. They were given a beautiful smile or perfect skin. Some have smooth, silky hair or pretty eyes. In every single person in this world, their will be something beautiful about them. Many do not even realize it, but it is always there.