Public Pajamas | Teen Ink

Public Pajamas

By AllofTheAbove GOLD, Louisville, Kentucky
AllofTheAbove GOLD, Louisville, Kentucky

Courage and Caution are not enemies.

A politician in New Orleans is trying to ban people from wearing pajamas in public. "Today it's pajamas; next it will be underwear tomorrow," the politician makes a point. I know I do not want to see people in their underwear.
I do think that it is a huge jump from pajamas to underwear. Some people say that wearing pajamas in public is "like wearing a swimsuit to a business meeting." What happens when your extremely sick and must go to the doctor's office? Even if your not extremely sick, how does another's wearing pajamas affect you?
I think that this is all just a matter of opinion. Wear pajamas if you want, and if you do not then don't. Don't try to make everyone because it's not what you want.

on Jun. 30 2012 at 3:28 pm

Courage and Caution are not enemies.

Thanks for the update. After I posted this article(I hate to admit it but) I kind of forgot about it. I still proudly walk around in my completely decent pjs. I don't really care what he has to say. Thanks again

on Mar. 29 2012 at 11:33 am
Me22895 DIAMOND, Azle, Texas

If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

The topic you chose was insightful, and I personally found it interesting. However, your article was very short, almost curt, and you need to eleborate more. Good luck!

banjoboye said...
on Mar. 26 2012 at 9:24 pm

Hi,

I think the politician is dumb, Caddo Parish Commissioner Michael Williams. In Louisiana, a Parish is the same as a County. He's on some kind of public decency crusade.  He hates low pants, especially when the wearer is disrespectfully revealing. That I can understand, but he's gone too far with the anti-PJ crusade.

Also, he is ~not~ from New Orleans.

He's from the back woods of north-west Louisiana, near the Texas-Louisiana-Arkansas border.  A real hick.

New Orleans, my home town, is much, much cooler.  See this link to the news story.  Be well,

banjoboye

http://www.wdsu.com/politics/30409191/detail.html