Feather Trends Soar

Feathers have rapidly become a popular hair accessory over the last few months. This trend started from fly fishing shops. Hackles, skinny and long rooster feathers that fishermen use as lures, are the source of the latest hair trend. Fly fishing stores are quickly selling out of these trendy fishing lures, and fishermen are not happy about it. Feathers aren’t easy to come by as it is, and then “feather ladies” are buying them all up before the fishermen can get any of them

Where do these feathers come from? Where else other than a rooster? That’s right, these trendy hair extensions come from roosters that are raised, and genetically bred for their plumage. These feathers come from the bird’s back side. Those are the most popular ones for hair extensions. These feathers can be straightened, brushed, or blow dried just as regular hair extensions.

If you don’t want to do it yourself, you can also find these fashionable accessories at just about any mall! For a reasonable price, and a small amount of your time, you can get one anywhere from a one color feather, to an exotic peacock feather! Just find the feather that expresses you best and put it in!

Lynsie says “Feathers are really cool! You can straighten them, or curl them, and they are really easy to take care of! They also go with everything you wear!” Lynsie has two feathers of her own. She has a red/blonde feather, and an orange feather.

Khushbu says “Feathers are a good way to express yourself. Some types of clothes don’t express you well enough, but feathers are a way to show your personality. But i like the peacock feathers best.”

Sabrina D. said...
Feathers are definatly taking over the world. Your review of them is very good. You included quotes, and they were set up almost correctly to the t!

Studio_Ghibli-O said...
No doubt they look cool, but thousands of those roosters are killed just so that people can follow trends and look cool. I personally am not impressed by them, and it kind of freaks me out when I see 80+ kids at school wearing them. I prefer the gathered and cleaned feathers over the killed and dyed kind.