Facebook-isms | Teen Ink

Facebook-isms

By cschier18 SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas
cschier18 SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas

I’ll admit; I’m addicted to getting on Facebook. I really am, and it’s a problem. I don’t even know why I always get on because every time I get on, I just hate what I see. People are just so obnoxious. I might get on Facebook all the time, but I am not one of those compulsive, I have to update my status every five minutes and check in every time I change my location type of people. Seriously, though, I enjoy those types of people, really, because their multiple statuses just make my day. They check in at their house, then at their friend’s house, and then their other friend’s house, and then the hottest local hang out where they all went together. I mean, I am SUPER jealous that you have friends and everyone in cyberspace knows it.
Another Facebook-ism I enjoy is the people who take the “What’s on your mind?” question so seriously. I mean come on! This is computer asking you a question and everyone takes it so literally. They feel the need to just share their innermost and personal thoughts and feelings with the world, and frankly, no one really cares. I’m not trying to be harsh or anything, but when our wall is full of statuses with no likes, you know you’ve got a problem.

But another Facebook-ism that is even better than the compulsive status updaters are the vague, I’m going to leave you guessing status updaters. These are the worst! And I’m serious; even worse than the ‘Facebook façade’ craze and the compulsive updaters. These are the epitome of annoying. And you all know what I’m talking about. These are the annoying (usually girls) who post vague song lyrics or inspirational quotes that apply to their life ad leave everyone guessing as if we really care. Newsflash- no on e cares! You’ve made it VERY obvious that Johnny broke up with you (well, duh, because you changed your relationship status to single only to all everyone to comment with a bunch of sad faces only to make yourself feel better), well anyways, we don’t want to read your depressing Taylor Swift lyrics about how sad your life is.

But at least one good thing has come out of all the Facebook-isms, if I ever want to know your precise latitude and longitude, or read your diary, I’ll know where to look.

sunshinebaby said...
I agree to some extent. People have become obnxious, no doubt about that one. But what's so wrong with posting lyrics or quotes that inspire you or make you feel better? It's cathartic, and if you don't care, then why are you writing an article about it? If you don't care, I don't see why it annoys you. Just log off.

theflamebringer BRONZE, Pryor, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"How'd I make out with that?!" -seerknowsbest

I like this. It's honest. And the not-so-vague song lyrics constantly fill up my news feed, and I never think twice about them. Why do people facebook anyway? Its not like anyone seriously cares, except for those not-so-rare facebook stalkers. Maybe we just like the attentionfrom the stray "like".