Remember the Fruit Loop Cheerios saying? | Teen Ink

Remember the Fruit Loop Cheerios saying?

August 24, 2011
By CassidyRyan BRONZE, Tipton, Missouri
CassidyRyan BRONZE, Tipton, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

"In a life full of Cheerios, it's much funner to be a Fruit Loop," is a common saying that most people have heard. But, although overly cliched, it is very true. Most people think to follow the crowd, although there are a few with the mind to question it and flow the other way, recently, this has been promoted more than following the crowd.
When I was younger, my father would tell me, "You can be whoever and however you want," but when I grew up to be my own person as my self he has had a hard time adjusting and accepting my rather loud sense of fashion.
Now, some people think what is "cool," is what they should do. Which, isn't necessarily a bad thing but, it can be if they like the wardrobe they've chosen for the wrong reasons. For instance, if someone were to like their clothes because they truly like them is showing part of their personality and who they, as a person, are. But, if someone liked their wardrobe because it made them friends or it was the "in-thing," they would be wronging themselves for false friends.
Would you rather have 1 friend who loves you for who you are or 1,000 friends who loves you for the "front" you put up? Next time you do something, think about if you're really doing it because you enjoy doing it or because it makes you "cool."