Forwarded Text Messages

A small sound, a vibration in the left pocket of denim jeans, or perhaps a ring in a purse, and you can hear your cell phone. It sounds through a person as they realize a message has entered their device. Searching for it or easily sifting through a pair of pants, it is found and retrieved. You take it out with great anticipation, only to be disappointed that is a forward sent to ten other people. It describes a disturbing story, saying how terrible things will happen to you if you do not forward the message to another number of people. If not such a story, it is a message telling the reader if they do not send it they will not have a good week.

1 such story wz bout a gal named Carmen Winstead. She wz so despo 2B a part of a grp n her skool dat she'd do most NEfin 2 gain their Fship. 5 gals hu she thot wr her F? triD humiliating her durin a fyr drill. dey pushD her dwn a sewer. She wz 17, n d gals hu had pushD her tld evry1 she fell. of corZ, dey wr belevd n d 5-o came 2 fnd her bod.d tx goes on 2 scare d reader bout nothA pRsN hu ddnt fwd d msg n hurd voices, thN went missN.

Forwarded messages show the fear of the sender, but are mostly just found annoying to the receiver. They enable the person who sends it to feel secure about their safety by following the directions. Nothing ever truly happens due to these absurd messages and is just a waste of time for both the sender and receiver.

Livvy97 said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:01 am:
What do you mean about the second paragraph? (its meant to look like a text message)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yes I've gotten that same story!!! And I really think that most forwards are annoying!  Oh and you really need to fix the second paragraph.  Good point!!!! :)