Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect | Teen Ink

Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect

By bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona
bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"Live like your at the bottom, even if your a the top" - Nick Jonas

We all are insecure and have issues with our body and ourselves. I don’t know a single person that is 100% okay with who they are. We are not perfect, but we face pressure to be perfect everyday. We want to be the girl on the magazine and have the boy on the television. Sometime, we go to far in trying to maintain a perfect life.

I would sometimes go as far as skipping meals and not eating at all to be skinny and be like all my friends. Being the skinniest girl in the world was not worth not eating. I regret so much trying to starve myself. I felt empty and worse than I did when I was eating. I soon realized that being perfect was not as great as thought it was going to be. There was so much pressure to be the skinny girl every boy wanted, but hurting yourself was not the solution. I realized that I even took it farther, I would’ve died.

Now, I don’t care what others have to say and I don’t focus on what I don’t like about myself. I lean on great friends for support and I have accepted that no one is perfect.

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect.

Love is louder than all the things people will say behind your back.

Love is louder than what the world throws at you.

Love is louder than self pity.

Love is louder than anything or anyone.

"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect" - Demi Lovato <3