Metamorphosis; Why DoPeople Change? | Teen Ink

Metamorphosis; Why DoPeople Change?

April 27, 2011
By lexgredon SILVER, Lake Mary, Florida
lexgredon SILVER, Lake Mary, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Attack life, it's just going to kill you in the end.


Hair. Eyes. Lips. Cheeks. Eyebrows. People will stop at nothing to fit in. Scene, prep, jock, nerd, gansta. Kids will do anything to fit in with the 'popular' crowd or the 'too cool for school' kids. We forget our boundaries, our own conscience, our ownlikes and dislikes. People ruin their beauty, stabbing it to death with numerous plastic surgeries and injections. Kids ruin their futures as competent adults when they pick up that cigarette or take a swig from that bottle of vodka just to fit in. But what does it do you for in the long run? We all look the way we do for a reason. I certaintly don't know what it is but it's there. I'm also not going to sit here and tell you that 'god made you that way'. What's there is hidden potential, your ability to do something with your life. Your time toshine will come. Picking up that cigarette will earn you a reputation and you may shine in the eyes of the kids you hang out with. But, imagine yourself when your thirty and still smoking. You;ve been diagnosed with lung cancer. Was that cigarette and reputation when you were 14 worth your life in the long run? I've gone through minor changes to try to fit in with the cool kids. I was the dork who wanted to be cool. Hair-cuts like everyone else, the same eyeliner applied like everyone else and the same super-tight- Hollister shirts tugged on every morning like everyone else. I wasn't myself though. In my desperate attempts to be the cool girl, my supposed 'best friends' had been using me. I learned the hard way. I had ignored my true friends to try to fit in. It came back to bite me in the but and it bit hard. As a person, I've learned to just be who you are. It's not about the clothes and everyone else's hair styles. It's about who -you- are and the clothes -you- want to rock and the hair -you- want. Just be yourself because that's the main thing that will set you apart and let you fit in with the people who love you the most. The people who aee you for who you really are.


The author's comments:
My own experiences in life have just taught me to be who I am and not who everyone else expects me to be.